DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini January update

Chrislopez

Reactions
Open thread, what can we expect this month based on your experiences with other drones??

1. Being honest when do you think the next mavic mini update is coming?
2. Do you think that next update will improve conditions of mavic mini when flying?
3. they think the next update will make the mavic mini the dj flagship drone ?

Reactions: Gjanello
Open thread, what can we expect this month based on your experiences with other drones??

2. Do you think that next update will improve conditions of mavic mini when flying?
They dont usually release a new model every month, typically they're rehashed every 18-24months at a minimum. P4P is over 3yrs old and they're still selling it (even with a price-rise!)

-snip-

Since "flagship" normally connotes the "larges, best, most important" etc. model, I don't think the Mini will ever be that. What it might be is DJI's best seller due to price point and being just under the weight bar to avoid registration in their major markets. As to consumer drones, I'd say the Mavic 2 P/Z is there current flagship, and will likely stay so until a new and better model comes along.

My understanding is the AIr is due for a refresh next, whether it be the "Air 2" or "Air +" or whatever who knows... They're suppose to have ADS-B receivers though, all their drones from 2020 onward.

They stated last year that all their drones manufactured from 2020 on will have ADS-B. That said, I think their next release will be something to compete against the Evo II. Maybe a Mavic Pro 3 with similar capabilities.

Two things:
1) Software/firmware updates for the current model happen all the time but not to a schedule as far as I know, only as bugs/features are coded, tested and released. Last was in Dec 2019 I think.
Currently:
  • Date: 2019.12.31
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • Remote Controller: v01.00.0400
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.0.4
2) I expect there to be a whole load of new drones in July 2020 specifically to address the change to EU flight regulations as mandated by EASA and classification of drone types. After this change the 249 gram limit becomes irrelevant and drones will need to be CE certified with their classification type. Current drones on the market are not classified including the Mavic Mini but may have a grace period of a year or two when they can be flown in EU airspace (including the UK as it will be adopted by the CAA). After that your old drone may be redundant and should be replaced. A lot of good info on this on YouTube channel by Mr MPW. (search "Mr MPW" and subscribe for uptodate info). The FAA is making its own changes to drone rules and this may also prompt DJI and others to offer new drones to comply but I have no specific info on that.

I would expect a FW update is in development to improve the conditions of MM and I think it would be a stretch to call it the DJI flagship. It is a good companion for my MA and welcomed in my flight bag. Enjoy your flying.

I'd personally like to see the RTH automatically select Sport mode when it knows its dealing with high wind.

Too many fly aways seen to be partly due to P mode and altitude switch.

Personally had mine drifting backwards in 33mph 38mph gusts today. Sport mode and drop altitude. Easy. RTH would have gone bye bye

Edit: Concious decision to take on those winds today in a nice controlled area.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Manx, publicación: 902412, miembro: 113381"]
Personalmente, me gustaría ver que el RTH selecciona automáticamente el modo Sport cuando sabe que se trata de viento fuerte.

Demasiados vuelos que se ven en parte debido al modo P y al cambio de altitud.

Personalmente, la mía se desplazó hacia atrás en ráfagas de 33 mph 38 mph hoy. Modo deportivo y altitud de caída. Fácil. RTH habría ido adiós

Editar: Decisión consciente de enfrentar esos vientos hoy en un área agradable y controlada.
[/CITAR]

i think dji takes a long time to release updates

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78