DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini lens correction profile for Lightroom

Frosty Of The North

Reactions
Does anyone have a sense of how soon we can expect to see Adobe add a correction profile for the Mavic Mini's lens in LIghtroom? Or are there interim profiles available anywhere?

Why not use Lightroom’s manual adjustments. Once you figure out what works best you can easily dial it in. This has the additional benefit of using a correction unique to your specific lens. Adobe’s corrections are for “average’ lenses. On my Nikons, these averages are not as good as manual corrections for some lenses zoom positions.

Why not use Lightroom’s manual adjustments. Once you figure out what works best you can easily dial it in. This has the additional benefit of using a correction unique to your specific lens. Adobe’s corrections are for “average’ lenses. On my Nikons, these averages are not as good as manual corrections for some lenses zoom positions.

In the meantime I have been doing manual lens corrections. The Mavic Mini doesn't have a zoom lens, so the correction should be fairly standard.

check out this lightroom lens profile ... it works out for spark and for the mini.

@Frosty Of The North Am curious to hear what corrections and to what intensity you applied? Did you do anything scientific to determine what's needed (eg take a photo of a grid of straight lines and tweak until the lines were straight again?

Sample uncorrected and corrected photos would be good to see.

@Nilfheim, welcome to the forum!

Hey guys, my old eyes (and brain) can't see a difference on the screen between the two above images. Can you help me out and point out the difference the lens correction is doing?

Guess if I can't see the difference I don't need to do it, but just curious.

The /O in the upper left has been removed in correction ?

I'm not seeing a difference between them on-screen either. Lens distortion will be harder to detect in a dark picture like this with very few long straight lines. Well lit buildings/roads etc show up lens distortion a lot more, with bulging/pinched walls/rooflines etc

Reactions: Thomas B
Is that colour correction or lens correction? Lens correction is when distortion (usually barrel or pincushion distortion) is corrected, but the colours stay the same.

Reactions: Thomas B
My bad :( , just colors.
I played with lens corrections in Lightroom, I can see changes in the moment when I make them, but without doing that I don't see anything wrong with original photos from Mini.

Reactions: scro
I've not noticed any significant lens distortion with the Mini. There probably is some, but its not bad.

@Nilfheim, welcome to the forum!

Hey guys, my old eyes (and brain) can't see a difference on the screen between the two above images. Can you help me out and point out the difference the lens correction is doing?

Guess if I can't see the difference I don't need to do it, but just curious.

Well you could open a new window with this page in a new tab and make the pictures fullscreen by clicking on them and when you switch between the tabs you will see the correction.

Lightroom still doesn't have a lens correction profile for the Mavic Mini after this long, so I just suggested that in the Adobe forum thread asking for lens corrections.

Reactions: bror.00
You can easily make one yourself that will actually match your lens. Use the transform controls and save it as a pre-set.

You can easily make one yourself that will actually match your lens. Use the transform controls and save it as a pre-set.

1) It's not a case of "matching a lens", since I use several Mavic Minis.

2) With the Mini being so popular, why expect everyone make their own profile? It would be handy for Adobe to include it as they have so many other lenses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes