DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini newby

Rex Peters

Reactions
Hello gang,
Just bought my very first drone. The reason for the mini is the weight; just 249 grams and there is no requirement to register it and having to take a drone pilots course. So far I’ve only been able to fly indoors due to the foot of snow on the ground. But I’m loving it.

while i understand your reasons for purchase with regards to registering and doing the course i would like to add that you are still meant to fly under the rules that the rest of us follow please read up on them so you know whats required thanks

welcome to the forum happy flying

Reactions: Thomas B
while i understand your reasons for purchase with regards to registering and doing the course i would like to add that you are still meant to fly under the rules that the rest of us follow please read up on them so you know whats required thanks

welcome to the forum happy flying
Thank you. I have read the federal, and provincial regulations plus my city bylaws. I just meant that this is strictly recreational for me..... so far. If down the road I decide to invest more money and time into flying, I have no problems with taking any course and regeneration of the drone. I agree 100% that no matter what size the drone is, we have to be responsible pilots
Cheers,

Thank you. I have read the federal, and provincial regulations plus my city bylaws. I just meant that this is strictly recreational for me..... so far. If down the road I decide to invest more money and time into flying, I have no problems with taking any course and regeneration of the drone. I agree 100% that no matter what size the drone is, we have to be responsible pilots
Cheers,
thanks for your reply enjoy your new hobby

Thanks, sorry for the misspelling. I’m typing without my glasses and it’s 3:30 AM. Insomnia issues..... lol

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello gang,
Just bought my very first drone. The reason for the mini is the weight; just 249 grams and there is no requirement to register it and having to take a drone pilots course. So far I’ve only been able to fly indoors due to the foot of snow on the ground. But I’m loving it.
Sounds like you need a landing pad to set on top of the snow. If I got a new drone, I wouldn’t let snow prevent me from flying. We’d love to see those mountain snowscapes.

Thanks and I wish I was there! It’s -18 C here this morning. My mini if it actually could fly in this temperature would get lost in the snow... lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro