DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Order Status And Final Delivery!

Your sleuthing abilities are spot on. Tracking did go by way of Oakland and then on to Phoenix. From there is usually via truck to Tucson(2 hour drive)
Looking like Monday. Too many FedEx trucks around for me to figure out the right one and pry a door open.

Reactions: Ramacher
That's my fault. I failed to qualify my comment on deals that I meant the upcoming Black Friday deals. DJI will have another wave of orders and shipments when sale goes into effect, and hopefully those won't also get hung up at customs.
Good Question, I assumed the Black Friday DJI Deals were at DJI Shop only. Similar to BestBuy Black Friday only applies to BestBuy. Hopeful BestBuy will provide similar deals, for those looking for Mavic2Pro... DJI's sale at $350 off is a great price! The little Osmo is $90 off is pretty hefty for the little camera too.

Regarding the DJI membership, DJI Select... is that a requirement to purchase a yearly amount, or once a member you can pay a renewal fee? The Osmo Mini qualifies for membership, and there's some nice amenities as a member to consider.

Got the little Mini updated... the 1st FW update addresses several points already discussed as negatives... good sign FW will keep improving the little Mini.

I didn't fly it prior to update, but afterward inside I flew and thought for NoGPS indoor it flew better than Air, Telos or other small crafts. Very stable and not obnoxious loud... isn't quite but I didn't find it loud.

Firmware update: version 01.00.0200 from November 10th, 2019.
  • Increases takeoff stability.
  • Adds support for quick shots in more flight modes.
  • Optimizes image quality and increases video smoothness
  • Optimizes nighttime shooting experience
  • Optimizes LED prompts for overall device status
  • Optimizes image transmission quality to ensure a sharper preview
Billy's video...

Latest update for me. My MM made it to the local terminal and will deliver Monday 10:30, here in Georgia. A bit of drama mixed in with the Alaska "clearance" issue, but one week delivery is not bad. Two day delivery was unrealistic. I'll be happy to see mine at the door Monday.

Your sleuthing abilities are spot on. Tracking did go by way of Oakland and then on to Phoenix. From there is usually via truck to Tucson(2 hour drive)
Looking like Monday. Too many FedEx trucks around for me to figure out the right one and pry a door open.

I did a lot of time sensitive international shipping (import & export) at my last job so I'm familiar with how the things get routed. Honestly I think the hold up was that our packages didn't get offloaded at Memphis and were pushed onto customs in anchorage (even though there's a customs at Memphis airport), the FedEx flight from Hong Kong goes to Memphis then to Anchorage. But that could of been a logistics decision by either CPB or FedEx in Memphis (they had a snowstorm on Monday or Tuesday night). At my last job since we dealt with high security and time sensitive items, I could log into the shipping portal (we usually used DHL) and I could see flight & tail numbers the packages were on every step of the way.

My tracking now says it left Memphis at 5:15am which is not lining up with the FedEx Memphis to Houston flight. This leads me to believe it got loaded onto a tractor trailer and not via air :(. I just called FedEx asking if I could pick it up from the transit/distribution center here in houston rather than waiting for it to be delivered on Monday and she said that depends on what it was loaded onto. She said it should of been sent via air from Memphis to Houston and I should call back when tracking says it has arrived in houston. From there they can look into if it was put into a container or a truck/van. If it's the latter there's a possibility I can get it today, if it's a container then no-go and I have to wait for them to unload the container as they're not going to dig through it just to pull out my package. Oh well I'm gonna go on about my day and wait for the app to notify me of any status updates.

Latest update for me. My MM made it to the local terminal and will deliver Monday 10:30, here in Georgia. A bit of drama mixed in with the Alaska "clearance" issue, but one week delivery is not bad. Two day delivery was unrealistic. I'll be happy to see mine at the door Monday.
If DJI had provided CBP/FedEx with all the proper forms (the FedEx agent I spoke with said the shipment was missing the "Anti-Dumping Forms") Everyones deliveries would of made it in 2-3 days. What DJI should have done was sent in all the required paperwork a week before shipping so they would have cleared customs before they were even picked up by FedEx.

What is odd to me, is DJI knowing a release date, why they couldn’t park several pallets of this product in one of their facilities here in the USA and send them out from there. I did see a picture(post#40)of palletized product
that was certainly shipped prior to release date. Probably not what you know, but who you know.
Just boils down to another example of DJI doing what they want to do.
After thinking about this shipping thing, maybe DDS could chime in and enlighten us on how this process works?

Last edited:
Just cancelled DJI order. Ordered 11/2 with an expected ship date of 12/4. Lost interest during the long wait. fly more($499) + refresh ($39)
May reorder at a later date.

Anyone in the UK recieved theirs from DJI yet? Mine has been sat at local depot since Saturday and doesn't appear to be out for delivery today

What is odd to me, is DJI knowing a release date, why they couldn’t park several pallets of this product in one of their facilities here in the USA and send them out from there. I did see a picture(post#40)of palletized product
that was certainly shipped prior to release date. Probably not what you know, but who you know.
Just boils down to another example of DJI doing what they want to do.
After thinking about this shipping thing, maybe DDS could chime in and enlighten us on how this process works?
There have been a few times where my newly released drones were shipped from within a location in the US, so they've done this at least a few times in the past.

My status has been updated to delivery today before 10:30am. On truck for delivery. It took the Alaska route and I am hopeful to see it at my door, here in Georgia, in the next hour.

Combo arrived 1/2 hour ago
13_2x.gif
, here in Atlanta, GA. Unpacked, charging depleted batteries and controller, and planning for test flights this afternoon. Charged just enough (2 lights) to download the software with no concerns, will be using a Samsung Note 8. I am comparing it to my MA on the bench. Initial impression is good; quality design and build, light (weighed in at 258 with battery and w/o gimbal guard). Small, but not "toyish". Props are smaller than I expected, appropriate for the size of airframe. Familiar sounds (beeps) to my MA. The aluminum sticks from my MA controller fit. Appears to be the same controller, with some buttons missing, as others have described. No lower USB port. Compact size of case will fit my drone backpack. I can already see this as a backup, take anywhere fun flyer.
Hope yall get yours soon. One week shipped from China, minus all the "clearance" drama, is not bad and once in hand I feel happy. Enjoy your safe flying.

Combo arrived 1/2 hour ago
13_2x.gif
, here in Atlanta, GA. Unpacked, charging depleted batteries and controller, and planning for test flights this afternoon. Charged just enough (2 lights) to download the software with no concerns, will be using a Samsung Note 8. I am comparing it to my MA on the bench. Initial impression is good; quality design and build, light (weighed in at 258 with battery and w/o gimbal guard). Small, but not "toyish". Props are smaller than I expected, appropriate for the size of airframe. Familiar sounds (beeps) to my MA. The aluminum sticks from my MA controller fit. Appears to be the same controller, with some buttons missing, as others have described. No lower USB port. Compact size of case will fit my drone backpack. I can already see this as a backup, take anywhere fun flyer.
Hope yall get yours soon. One week shipped from China, minus all the "clearance" drama, is not bad and once in hand I feel happy. Enjoy your safe flying.
What day and time did you order it from DJI?

What day and time did you order it from DJI?
Order placed on: 10/30/2019 09:18:30 (UTC-5)
Shipped: FedEx 2019-11-11 05:40:02
Arrived (via Alaska route): 11/18/2019 10:30am EST
Wish you well and timely delivery.

If DJI had provided CBP/FedEx with all the proper forms (the FedEx agent I spoke with said the shipment was missing the "Anti-Dumping Forms") Everyones deliveries would of made it in 2-3 days. What DJI should have done was sent in all the required paperwork a week before shipping so they would have cleared customs before they were even picked up by FedEx.
Arrived. Did you get yours?

I think they weren't expecting such demand for the FMC. Standard drone seems quite plentiful in supply. IMO the shortage of FMC is creating the illusion of high demand.
With the 30min flight time and ability to fast charge from a power bank, the standard kit may well be adequate for most.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird