DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see the point of a UAS being less that 250g. The more someone tries to circumvent the regulations, the more the FAA moves the bar. It’s not like 250g or less is the magical number that won’t threaten other AC in the air space. If a manned AC smacks a 249g UAS, he’ll have just as bad of a day as he would if he hit a 32oz M2. So it’s only a matter of time before any aerial platform falls under regulations, no matter the size or weight.

Reactions: LaminarFly
I know it's wishful thinking considering the price, but I would absolutely love for one day a drone of this size/pricepoint to have Occusync and 20 min. It would be perfect. I bought a Spark on clearance w/remote and that Wi-Fi is S.C.A.R.Y.! I'll never buy a wi-fi enabled drone again. Plus I had a blurry transmission feed on virtually every flight even w/ OTG cable.

Either way, super excited. Can't wait to see the final product and also hoping for the <250g.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master
From the fake specs that unreliable sources keep pushing on us ;)
It does seem a bit premature for DJI to launch a mini drone at this time, however makes since if they do! It will fit the DJI product line up nicely.

Most likely a clone and someone just put a DJI sticker on it

Most likely a clone and someone just put a DJI sticker on it
No chance. The photos people keep posting are from official Japanese government documents (which have now been removed).

Reactions: dawgpilot
and they do not lie - right
Sorry, I'm not interested in turning this into a political discussion. Feel free to believe whatever makes you happy.

Who said anything political?
What are you trying to say then? DJI faked an electronics test and submitted it to the government?

Reactions: dawgpilot
What are you trying to say then? DJI faked an electronics test and submitted it to the government?

Not DJI - someone faked the whole deal.
Looks like a DJI clone of some sort.

I'm guessing you missed this post above where I said the photos came from official government documents submitted by DJI? Those aren't fake. The specs and other information some unreliable news sources keep spreading cannot be trusted though.

Earlier poster said sub 250 gram alternatives out there....not with decent gimbal, camera and specs for a reasonable $. I’ve bought into this one, supposed to be available October. Only 2 axis gimbal with 1080p but cheap and HUGE emphasis on stabilized video quality. Nice to have a non DJI option so my info doesnt fly to China and those freakin geofences wanting updates in the field. Anyhoo...have a look if you want....https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/micro-drone-4-0-affordably-priced-under-200#/

...Anyhoo...have a look if you want....https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/micro-drone-4-0-affordably-priced-under-200#/
Still no replacement for my Dobby, as it will not fit into my troussers pocket because only propellers are foldable, not the frame itself...

Earlier poster said sub 250 gram alternatives out there....not with decent gimbal, camera and specs for a reasonable $. I’ve bought into this one, supposed to be available October. Only 2 axis gimbal with 1080p but cheap and HUGE emphasis on stabilized video quality. Nice to have a non DJI option so my info doesnt fly to China and those freakin geofences wanting updates in the field. Anyhoo...have a look if you want....https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/micro-drone-4-0-affordably-priced-under-200#/

I would never recommend backing consumer electronics projects on Indiegogo/kickstarter/etc. So many of them end up becoming vaporware or go years beyond their expected launch date. Wait until it's a real project that you can order for immediate delivery before you commit your money to it.

Reactions: GerdS
I would never recommend backing consumer electronics projects on Indiegogo/kickstarter/etc. So many of them end up becoming vaporware or go years beyond their expected launch date. Wait until it's a real project that you can order for immediate delivery before you commit your money to it.

Exactly.
Like that Elio 3 wheel car originally going to be under $6,800 (now $7,200) with 80 MPG.
They have been "18 months away from production" for 7 years now.

Reactions: Rudiger
right on about Indiegogo and kickstarter (watch my youtube video of my triple prop kickstarter drone...what a POS...lucky i didn't injure anyone....https://youtu.be/_kP56m1aFDE if anything you will feel my pain!) but...this is version 4.0 of the micro drone so I'm hopeful they aren't lying and it will be "somewhat" on their production schedule, although they are already falling behind. Hey, better that it works. I also backed Onago-Fly on kickstarter, should have been called Onago-Never-Fly...what a rip off. I had a Dobby (my "cover" drone in case anyone wondered, its sub-250gm so handy to pull out to show the haters) it's electronically stabilized camera is HORRIBLE for video, passable for photos. Clunky as s--t and not cheap, at least not when I bought it. I think we are entering the age of passable sub 250 gm drones though, between racers and better tech. Now we just have to avoid the FAA, TC etc dropping the 250 gram magic bar to 150 gm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan