DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI PRO!!!

kidroc

Reactions
HA HA....What you think about an upgraded ver. of it in a few months after everyone buys this one. One with O.A/AT/4K 100MB. You know all the good stuff Ocusync 3.0 :oops: Maybe work with there new Goggle system!!!

HA HA....What you think about an upgraded ver. of it in a few months after everyone buys this one. One with O.A/AT/4K 100MB. You know all the good stuff Ocusync 3.0 :oops: Maybe work with there new Goggle system!!!
i’m alittle disappointed that the new mavic mini cannot connect to dji goggles,the inexpensive drone would have been a great fpv drone

I also think the DJI was thinking something about not offering 4K / RAW.

If the AIR is also gone now, there is a bigger gap between 500€ and 1250€. A "Mini PRO" would fit well.

But I also think that this model will be bigger again, heavier and more expensive.
Therefore I would not wait for it.

The Mini and a Mavic 2 Pro is an ideal addition.

It would be nice to know if the MINI could be controlled with the Crystalsky.

I really think there is a Pro in the works of this little guy. If there is and it half of what i imagine I will get one than lol..

Right!, I just can't justify the purchase yet. (Already have M2P) I have it in my cart. But without occusync IE; the ability to use my SC with it. I can't bring myself to buy it, just for being small.

Reactions: Mavic 57
I suppose it depends on the sales of the other smaller drones. It also depends on t he Zoom and Pro 2 sales. the 'only' thing stopping me selling my Mavic pro... is the fact that the mini doesn't do 4k. if it did... I'd sell straight away and buy the mini.

It would be nice to know if the MINI could be controlled with the Crystalsky.
I don't see any reason against that. CrystalSky monitors are a sort of Android based tablets which connect to the controller via USB. If DJI puts the new Fly app into their next update or you manage to install it by yourself you are almost done.
The only remaining problem is finding the right cables for USB connection as the MM controller lacks the big USB port at its rear side. But I found out with my Mavic Pro controller that you can use any USB OTG cable in combination with a standard cable for your mobile device to connect via the MicroUSB side port, so this should also work with the MM controller.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
i’m alittle disappointed that the new mavic mini cannot connect to dji goggles,the inexpensive drone would have been a great fpv drone
You are right, but perhaps there will be a solution in future with connecting the Goggles via USB. Depends on DJI if they will enhance their Goggles firmware for supporting the MM.

In the meantime I am following a different approach. As Litchi cannot support the MM yet with their VR mode and the DJI Fly app also seems to not support VR I searched for phone goggles which don't depend on VR mode and found this one:

I also tested with my Mavic Pro controller if I can connect a long USB cable to the left-side MicroUSB connector (as the big rear connector is missing) and found out that a standard OTG cable will do so:

And finally I found a cable with 90° USB-C connector for my phone within the goggles listed before:

To secure the controller for hand takeoff and landing I also ordered this lanyard:

For operating the app while the phone is inside the goggles I will use a little Bluetooth controller with joystick and buttons). This enables a visible cursor which can then be positioned onto buttons to tap them.
I will also test with using the "Google Voice Access" app.

As the MM is not shipped yet I will try out the set with my Mavic PRo using the GO4 app.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf