DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Mavic Mini] Re enable developer tools in DJI Assistant 2

today you can modify parameter in mini with different tools the last one is on drone-hack site and is free

Hi, I managed to get/set params using `comm_og_service_tool.py` (Mavic Air 2) on Mac OS. As far as I understand we cannot change g_config.flying_limit.max_height_0 to smth above max limit (i.e. 500m), right? Or it could be done by patching firmware and flashing Mavic with a custom one?

Hi, I managed to get/set params using `comm_og_service_tool.py` (Mavic Air 2) on Mac OS. As far as I understand we cannot change g_config.flying_limit.max_height_0 to smth above max limit (i.e. 500m), right? Or it could be done by patching firmware and flashing Mavic with a custom one?
Right you cannot change height limit

Reactions: chukovskij
I'm using Drone-Hacks.com | by thinkAwesome and I can see and modify all the parameters of my 500 firmware.
But I don't know which parameters to change in order to avoid the 500 m height limit.
Does anybody know which parameters to change in order to do so?
Thanks in advance.

Is not possible to overtake the 500m limit ....the relative parameter are crypted or better masked in fw and not accessible

you guys are way smarter than i when it comes to hacking these parameters. I do have a question though, regarding the 500m ceiling. would it be possible to "intercept" the parameters while being sent to the MM via usb? like an adapter connected in series to read the actual data being transmitted to the drone. Im wondering if it would be possible to copy this data, change it, and send it to the drone without the need to hack the parameters in the dji app. just reaching here. not sure if what im saying makes sense to you guys or not.

Yes I understand that the parameters are stored in the drone. What I’m referring to is when you change parameters via PC, what is sent to the drone? Is it a complete database file or is it sending only the individual parameters that changed? If it is a complete database file, then changing the raw data and transmitting it to the drone may bypass the limits (unless the limits are checked by the drone upon transmission). I suspect that the ability to change the max altitude is still there, but hidden in a way that makes it impossible for us to do it. Changing the limits in the data being transmitted rather than in the DJI software may bypass the locks.

you guys are way smarter than i when it comes to hacking these parameters. I do have a question though, regarding the 500m ceiling. would it be possible to "intercept" the parameters while being sent to the MM via usb? like an adapter connected in series to read the actual data being transmitted to the drone. Im wondering if it would be possible to copy this data, change it, and send it to the drone without the need to hack the parameters in the dji app. just reaching here. not sure if what im saying makes sense to you guys or not.
Wireshark.

When your MM is in serial mode (/dev/ttyAMA0), which requires the djifirmware tools to access it, the resulting rndis (network over usb) starts, gives it an ip address. From there it should be a network interface in wireshark.

would it be possible to "intercept" the parameters while being sent to the MM via usb?

When your MM is in serial mode (/dev/ttyAMA0), which requires the djifirmware tools to access it, the resulting rndis (network over usb) starts, gives it an ip address. From there it should be a network interface in wireshark.
Even if the USB does not create virtual network device, that still can be done, ie. using usbmon (which ie. Wireshark uses).
But why would you go with sniffing an app, if you have the same functionality in o-gs tool? It's in python! You can just read the script and look at what it sends! You have everything given on a plate, and you want to ignore that and start figuring out inner workings by yourself?

Im wondering if it would be possible to copy this data, change it, and send it to the drone without the need to hack the parameters in the dji app.

Ranges of flyc_param_infos are enforced not only by the app, but also inside flight controller firmware. So the modified packet will get rejected.

The flyc_param_infos is an XML file which stores limits for each parameter. In fact, on many drones you can extract the FC firmware and use o-gs tools to extract flyc_param_infos from it.
I did that on phantoms, and I see it also works on first mavics. Actually, looking at readme in o-gs repo, there is a command to use it with Mavic Air (wm230), but nothing newer. Not sure if that means the same command also works for newer platforms, or newer ones are not supported..

On Mini2 can i change sport mode to atti with DJI assistant?
Yes but i suggest to use drone-hack.com app to modify the related parameter you can decide to use atti (set to 3) or tripod (cinematic) or sport or normal

1622204404763.png

thanks!
so i have to buy a license? No free solution?
with dji assistant it doesn't work? Cannot edit parameters in developer mode?

thanks!
so i have to buy a license? No free solution?
with dji assistant it doesn't work? Cannot edit parameters in developer mode?
on mini 2 you cannot use assistant in debug mode , if you don't want use drone-hack( but i assure you that is the easy way) , you can use python

I read:

What do i need?​

1.) ...
2.) ...
3.) ...
4.) Finally: a LITE license!
You can buy the lite license here

Confused

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics