DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Return to Home Tutorial (RTH)

Excellent tutorial, and thank you! I had it all covered but the 65 feet. Not sure how I missed that, but I just had my first successful RTH, and here I thought it didn't work, or I had missed something. I guess that means my maiden flights have not been all that far. Oh well, baby steps. I figure it's better to start small and get the hang of the controls than to crash it first time out! Thanks again!

Thanks very much, that was excellent. I’ll have to watch it multiple times for it all to really sink in. Is there a basic rule of thumb RTH height that you go with, or is every flight different. I’d like to get in the habit of religiously setting it before every flight, to prevent a catastrophic event, or at least depend on a one size fits all height, just in case I forget ( which I most likely will ). In my continued excitement I tend to forget, although I’ve never had to, or even have tested RTH out yet. I know it’s personal preference, but, if there are common practices that are accepted, and adhered to in the community, I’d like to follow them.

Hi
on RTH and you want to change your home location is there another way besides going to the map and drawing a line to the new spot? Can you somehow make the location of the RC be the new RTH and if so, how would you do that?
thanks

There are two icons on the map, one symbolic of the controller the other the drone, touch the relevant one and any necessary "OK"s etc.
Until someone else pointed out that they exist I didn't see them "for looking at the map" lol

Great Information One thing to add when I tried flying out about a 1km. I zigzagged my flight path on the flight out, but when I pressed RTH, the drone flew back using the shortest route —- straight line back to me. i was flying in a very open area so it was not a problem but I think if I was flying in an urban setting with tall buildings the RTH flight path would be important to consider.

That's how it's always worked, hence properly setting RTH height so as to avoid any obstacles. Some models on failsafe will retrace path taken for 60 seconds before engaging failsafe setting, which by default is RTH.

One of the reasons increasing distance for RTH at current altitude on MA2 was a bad idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan