DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini signal strength boosters?

I have a new 4hawks USA version that doesn’t have the 2.4qhz antennas which frees up room to put the larger XR 5.8 antennas in it. I am also boosting the right (closest to power button) antenna which is the TX / RX antenna.

I am not boosting the RX only antenna (closest to RTH button) because I don’t think it helps. I don’t think you can boost the Rx signal ?. It doesn’t seem so from my tests.

With this setup I’ve definitely doubled my range and probably more.

I think stock I was getting about 3,000 feet in my residential area when flying west which is an open area downhill through a park and to the beach.

With the boosted 4hawks I can now go a little past 7,000 feet.

And the setup is still fairly compact so it fits in my case still.

If anyone knows wether boosting the RX only antenna would also make an improvement, please let me know. I tried it once and it didn’t seem to make a difference so I returned it.

View attachment 94512

View attachment 94510

Would I be able to boost the Alientech duo like this?

Would I be able to boost the Alientech duo like this?
As long as you can get the rx and tx antenna outputs front the controller to go through the boosters first and then from the boosters to the antenna inputs. The alientech has that special quick connect so you’d probably need to change that to standard SMA connectors. You also do need to boost both the rx and rx for best results so you need two boosters.

Attachments

• 69E38869-A14E-4471-8263-3B2EE10AF718.jpeg
    69E38869-A14E-4471-8263-3B2EE10AF718.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 59
  • D4670F19-C993-4099-B078-D25B05D00DE2.jpeg
    D4670F19-C993-4099-B078-D25B05D00DE2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 33D42B70-30D6-490D-A0E2-7DF32718F983.jpeg
    33D42B70-30D6-490D-A0E2-7DF32718F983.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 57
As long as you can get the rx and tx antenna outputs front the controller to go through the boosters first and then from the boosters to the antenna inputs. The alientech has that special quick connect so you’d probably need to change that to standard SMA connectors. You also do need to boost both the rx and rx for best results so you need two boosters.

possibly have some links to your setup please? Looks Nice!!

what’s that “Tech” thing, battery pack?
Sunhams 3W gold?
Cables are from where?

possibly have some links to your setup please? Looks Nice!!

what’s that “Tech” thing, battery pack?
Sunhams 3W gold?
Cables are from where?

Yes out is a battery to power the boosters.

Depending on wether you have the USA version or not, you will need either 2.4ghz or 5.8 boosters. I have the USA version so I have two Sunhans eSunRC 5.8GHz 2000mW 33dBm Wireless Signal Boosters:

boosters:

battery pack:

The cables came with the boosters. you will need either SMA or RP-SMA cables like these: Amazon.com: ALLiSHOP Wi-Fi Radios External Antenna SMA Plug to SMA Plug Connector Jumper Pigtail 2inch 5cm RG316 Cable 50ohm RF coaxial Coax Assembly for HT Amplifier SDR Devices Router(Pack of 2): Home Audio & Theater

Yes out is a battery to power the boosters.

Depending on wether you have the USA version or not, you will need either 2.4ghz or 5.8 boosters. I have the USA version so I have two Sunhans eSunRC 5.8GHz 2000mW 33dBm Wireless Signal Boosters:

boosters:

battery pack:

The cables came with the boosters. you will need either SMA or RP-SMA cables like these: Amazon.com: ALLiSHOP Wi-Fi Radios External Antenna SMA Plug to SMA Plug Connector Jumper Pigtail 2inch 5cm RG316 Cable 50ohm RF coaxial Coax Assembly for HT Amplifier SDR Devices Router(Pack of 2): Home Audio & Theater
How is the 4hawks holding up compared to Alientech Duo? You have SR or XR USA version?

How is the 4hawks holding up compared to Alientech Duo? You have SR or XR USA version?

I don't know about the Alientech but from what I have heard the 4 Hawks is better. I know that the USA version of the 4hawks SR (the one I have) has larger XR antennas in it since it doesn't need the 2.4ghz antennas. From my tests my 4Hawks unboosted was only slightly better than those cheap parabolic reflectors you can get for around $8.00. but after I boosted it my mini can go about 2 or 3 miles in from my backyard in a highly congested residential area.

Woh Nice!!! Do you use tripod or harness? Also does 4hawks have a boosted setup? I found the XR US version here. Raptor XR US

not sure what you mean about a tripod or harness. I just held the controller and point the antenna at the mini.

The XR version is huge compared to the SR.
I have the USA version of the SR which is 5.8 only and contains the same size 5.8 antennas inside as the Non US XR does from what I’ve been told (14dbi)
It is located here: Raptor SR / designed for Mavic Mini US

Last edited:
I have the XR version with my M2P and helps but does not feel much different than the $10 reflectors. I can go far but not for too much.
The $10 deflectors are an excellent option.

I just bought the Allientech 5.8 booster and I will let know if is good or bad.
I have been thinking on boost my Raptor XR as well to compare.

I have the XR version with my M2P and helps but does not feel much different than the $10 reflectors. I can go far but not for too much.

yes I was not impressed with my SR version compared to the cheapo parabolic reflectors either. Not much better. In a congested residential area at least. BUT,you now have SMA connectors and adding amplifiers makes a huge difference. That got me from 1500 foot range to 15,000 foot range.

yes I was not impressed with my SR version compared to the cheapo parabolic reflectors either. Not much better. In a congested residential area at least. BUT,you now have SMA connectors and adding amplifiers makes a huge difference. That got me from 1500 foot range to 15,000 foot range.
Wow that much? Now we are taking.
My XR not boosted gave me maybe double the range. The deflector probably half if not more. But for $10 and the easy to use, everybody should use it.

Wow that much? Now we are taking.
My XR not boosted gave me maybe double the range. The deflector probably half if not more. But for $10 and the easy to use, everybody should use it.

depends on the congestion and all but yescan now go 2 to 3 miles from mybackyardwest to the ocean and before the boosters I could only go about 1500 feet.

Reactions: zeusfl

How is the Alientech 5.8 compared to Rapter XR?

How is the Alientech 5.8 compared to Rapter XR?

The Allientech will be arriving tomorrow. I have already disasambled the remote control from the Mini and order SMA to QMA conectors in order to use the allientech with the M2P.

I will give updates once i tested.

Well,

Here is my update. I got the Allientech 5.8 booster for the Mavic mini and so far i am not impressed at all. I was expecting a huge difference but just improved about 500ft of distance. I was getting almost that with the $10 deflectors.

I am still researching if is anything wrong that i did with the process but this was a almost $400 booster with the $30 shipping.
It looks nice and is super compact comparing with my 4hauks XR and easy to store.

Yes, it make the image more fluid and stable but you gain just a little extra distance.

I will really need to test the Mini with the 4hauks XR. I am more inclined boosting the 4hauks at this point. I just need to change the QMA internal cables for SMA. i will give updates later if i find anything.373F5659-009B-4BB1-B2AA-C4054823D769.jpg

Last edited:
mine booster on each antenna. Yes I have confirmed myself with power meter and with DJI themselves. For me the right antenna (closest to power button) is TX/RX and left antenna is RX only.

I just flew mine out over 12,000 feet from my back yard to the ocean!

View attachment 95445View attachment 95444
View attachment 95446
Hey weird question....but do you then have the amp flipped around direction-ally? Such as antenna side pointing to the controller instead of the antenna on the left antenna? Or just the same as the right antenna?

Are there any clever ways to increase the signal strength for the Mavic Mini? The app frequently reports interference while flying. A couple of signal boosters show up on Amazon. Are those gimmicks or are they legitimately helpful?
Give an extra 1000m honest i could not believe as I sailed past benchmark have a look my channel is learning to fly dji drones on YouTube

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS