DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic on its way

necroscope

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I hopefully have a new Mavic on its way to the Midlands UK. I previously had a P3S so i understand a few of the foibles associated with FW updates and such.

So how should i approach this new unit? Am i safe to update, better to stay on the FW it shipped on?

I will be using the Mavic with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, is this OK?

Any assistance appreciated.

Phil.

Reactions: Madman44k
Am i safe to update, better to stay on the FW it shipped on?
It's really up to you. I like to run the latest firmware to take advantage of the latest features and fixes. Other people fear updates and don't install them.

It's one of the mobile devices supported by DJI, so you should find it works well.

Hi Guys,

I hopefully have a new Mavic on its way to the Midlands UK. I previously had a P3S so i understand a few of the foibles associated with FW updates and such.

So how should i approach this new unit? Am i safe to update, better to stay on the FW it shipped on?

Any assistance appreciated.

Phil.
You are going to get a lot of opinions on this; I always update, never calibrate (unless told too with I never have) and have never had any issues.

Thanks guys.

I remember with the P3S, people were rolling back etc, so i appreciate opinions. I think at one point DJI were having fly aways after an update, so keen to avoid that.

Is there a newbie thread so i can catch up on all things good with the mavic, save asking the same questions all over again? I have looked but cant find anything.

Phil.

Is there a newbie thread so i can catch up on all things good with the mavic, save asking the same questions all over again?
Here are some items you might find useful:

As for asking the same question again, click the magnifying glass icon at the top, right of this page and search through the existing threads before starting a new thread.

Reactions: necroscope
Hello, i wish you safe flights!!! i fly 3 months now with my note 4 without issues. I fly also with my ipad air which is great regarding the image clarity, and free of issues.

Thanks guys.

I remember with the P3S, people were rolling back etc, so i appreciate opinions. I think at one point DJI were having fly aways after an update, so keen to avoid that.

Is there a newbie thread so i can catch up on all things good with the mavic, save asking the same questions all over again? I have looked but cant find anything.

Phil.
One of the nice things about the Mavic is that even if the app crashes, you can still fly (but not photograph) using the controller, including manually flying home. I'm on the most current software and an Android phone that is not officially supported (OnePlus3), and I've only had one disconnect in 30 hours.

One of the nice things about the Mavic is that even if the app crashes, you can still fly (but not photograph) using the controller, including manually flying home.

You can still photograph even if the app crashes (using the bumper buttons). You just can't see what you're taking pictures of. :D

I too always fly with the latest firmware and the latest app. I haven't had any problems so far on any of my drones.... knock on wood :D

Small update, i cancel my Mavic from China as i was very concerned about warranty coverage.

Today i have a new Platinum flymore in my car boot. Happy days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ