DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic paired with Fatshark Dominator V3.

I am new to this tech,
but if I can have a video chat from my phone/tablet to my other phone/tablet,
and I can "screen share" whilst in a video chat (like Hangouts) from one to the other,
do any of these "off the shelf googles" support this type of connection?
This way my Mavic Pro receives the signal, sends to my tethered phone/tablet which it shares to my nearby googles.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say NO because those tablets utilize either wi-fi or blue tooth to video chat and share video. The Mavic uses a new system called Occusync and it's a proprietary system from DJI. Therefor, it would not be compatible with the smart devices.

You could use the Litchi app with a cheap pair of VR goggles that use your smart phone. This will let you FPV, but by no means is great for any high speed maneuvering (video lag). I was able to do this with my iphone6s.

The Mavic goggles look like a baby Alien attached to your face :eek:. Hoping the Inspire 2 controller will work and provide a HDMI output.

People are already using Goggles using an Android Tablet with HDMI out and e.g. Headplay goggles.
OR cheap & simple Cardboard VR with Litchi App.

Another cheap one is to buy a Mirascreen 5G dongle, attach it to your Goggles with a smallish 5V Powerbank and Airplay mirror to it from your iOS or MiraCast to it from your Android. 5G mode to not interfere with Ocusyncs 2,4GHz traffic.
Will add lag but on a slowmo craft like the Mavic thats okay to get that photo right in bright sunshine or enjoy the landscape.
"It aint no racer"

;-)

Ender

P.S. and the MHL11 pin hack for those few phones like Note 3 & 4 making sense...

Reactions: HarryMerkin
Yep I'm sure I saw a chap with the nvidea shield hooked up to his Mavic RC and using the hdmi output to fatshark dominator v3's.
I have a pair of fat sharks I was hoping to use but my tablet is an iPad mini so I'm out of luck for now

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yep I'm sure I saw a chap with the nvidea shield hooked up to his Mavic RC and using the hdmi output to fatshark dominator v3's.
I have a pair of fat sharks I was hoping to use but my tablet is an iPad mini so I'm out of luck for now
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Like i said, your HDMI goggles can be used by getting that $25 MiraScreen 5G dongle and a $2 powerbank, voila.
(Long press to go to 5GHz mode, the manual isnt exactly perfect)

Ender

Reactions: teslar
Like i said, your HDMI goggles can be used by getting that $25 MiraScreen 5G dongle and a $2 powerbank, voila.
(Long press to go to 5GHz mode, the manual isnt exactly perfect)

Ender
What is the power bank for and have you tried this.
How would this work I myself want fatshark not a box in my face.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU