DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilots Malaysia

jezzrite

Reactions
Any Mavic Pilots in Malaysia?

I am based in Sarawak, although my hometown is in Selangor.

BTW, I am a licensed air traffic controller, so feel free to ask me anything related to drone regulations.

Cheers!

Any Mavic Pilots in Malaysia?

I am based in Sarawak, although my hometown is in Selangor.

BTW, I am a licensed air traffic controller, so feel free to ask me anything related to drone regulations.

Cheers!

Hi, may I please know what are the max limit elevation that a drone can be flown in Malaysian airspace? Also, do you have an Instagram or YouTube channel that I can view/watch/admire like some of my peers in Port Dickson have done. They posted their video footages online to YouTube and I like to watch these.

Hi guys, I'm Dani based at Ampang, Selangor. I've owned my mp for around 2 months now. Just started to post some videos of a few places that I went on my YouTube channel.
Dani Isham

Would like to say a big hello to all Malaysian mavic pilots. Happy flying!

hi guys, nice meeting fellow mavic pilots from Malaysia. Owned my mavic for a bout 4 months now. Shot a few videos and photos. Visit my Instagram for a few of the shots and videos taken from my mavic.
Cheers
Instagram : muhamadhafizulihsan

im guesing, not many mavic pilots in malaysia knows this web page or this forum. Would be nice if we could gather other mavic pilots for a gathering right. Just my 2 cents opinion

Hi. Could I please have an update on drone laws in Malaysia?
I keep seeing sites saying that everyone needs a permit now?
And other ones that say over 20kg.
I have a Mavic pro.
Thanks

I have a Mavic pro.
Thanks

Attachments

• Authority Malaysia - DCA 24.11.2017.JPG
    Authority Malaysia - DCA 24.11.2017.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 27
I have a Mavic pro.
Thanks

Hey just saw your comment, depending on your drone weight and the flight purpose you might need a permit.
Basically if its less than 20 kg (which is the case of your mavic pro) and for recreational use, then you're fine. But you must fly:
  • at a maximum altitude of 122 m above the ground.
  • within 30 m of any person during take-off or landing & respect individuals' privacy.
  • at least 50 m away from people or 150 m from large crowds (1,000).
  • at least 4.5 km away from airports.
  • away from areas where its use could interfere with police or first responders.
  • fly within day light, in good weather conditions & within your sight at all times.
  • do not fly your drone in sensitive areas such as government or military facilities.
  • do not fly over driving vehicles to not distract drivers.

Hello Y'all,

Kelvin from PJ. Relatively a noob, did some flying around Klang Valley, Melaka, Sibu, Kapit, Sandakan, and Kota Bahru with my Spark. Just switched to a Mavic Pro last week and went to PD for it's second flight.

Hope to hear more from y'all.

Hello Y'all,

Kelvin from PJ. Relatively a noob, did some flying around Klang Valley, Melaka, Sibu, Kapit, Sandakan, and Kota Bahru with my Spark. Just switched to a Mavic Pro last week and went to PD for it's second flight.

Hope to hear more from y'all.
Nice one Kelvin, are you a local? I'm trying to find someone from Malaysia to ask some questions about local rules & help the sum up post I did a few weeks ago. Glad to read from you!

Hey Paul,
Yup I am very local and thanks for the summary :)

nisangha

JoinedMay 5, 2018Messages0Reaction score0Age45
22 minutes ago
Hello, I am from the Netherlands and plan to travel in January to Malaysia. Can you please tell me if it is allowed to fly on the island Pangkor and Langkawi? Do I need permission? Thanks for letting me know. Kind regards nilaya

nisangha

JoinedMay 5, 2018Messages0Reaction score0Age45
22 minutes ago
Hello, I am from the Netherlands and plan to travel in January to Malaysia. Can you please tell me if it is allowed to fly on the island Pangkor and Langkawi? Do I need permission? Thanks for letting me know. Kind regards nilaya
Hi Nisangha, with everyone's help and a lot of research I sumed up all local rules and must do for flying a drone in Malaysia here: Post | Dronemade | Travel with your drone. Feel free to ask directly if anything is missing, hope this helps!

Any info on Lankgowi? I’ll be there for my daughters wedding. Thanks in advance for any help or info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000