DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Platinum Pro now Records Flights as Mavic Pro

Paulf10

Reactions
I just took my first fight with my MPP after getting it back from DJI for repair. It had a broken leg after a crash. I’ve had my MPP for two years and all flights have been recorder correctly in the DJI GO4 app.

However the DJI GO4 app now recognizes my MPP as a Mavic Pro and is recording flight records as a separate and different drone.
Has anyone ran into this before?

I just took my first fight with my MPP after getting it back from DJI for repair. It had a broken leg after a crash. I’ve had my MPP for two years and all flights have been recorder correctly in the DJI GO4 app.

However the DJI GO4 app now recognizes my MPP as a Mavic Pro and is recording flight records as a separate and different drone.
Has anyone ran into this before?
DJI Go doesn’t differentiate between the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Platinum. They share the exact same software and the DJI firmware denotes them as the same model name.

DJI Go 4 is likely separating the flight logs because DJI probably sent you a refurbished drone back and not your original drone so it is a different drone

DJI Go doesn’t differentiate between the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Platinum. They share the exact same software and the DJI firmware denotes them as the same model name.

DJI Go 4 is likely separating the flight logs because DJI probably sent you a refurbished drone back and not your original drone so it is a different drone

Thanks for the reply Brett, but I was really hoping you wouldn’t say that. I have feared perhaps that was the case. DJI’s repair ticket only indicated the arm being replaced and all my FAA registration numbers along with my contact information were still intact on various parts of the body. Now I’m wondering if I haven’t been downgraded to a Mavic Pro. Regardless, I do appreciate your opinion and reply.

I think I’ll give DJI a call.

You can't be "downgraded to a Mavic Pro". They are basically the same drone, with just a few changes. They use the same batteries and much of the same software, even hardware, except for props and a little change in operation of the ESCs that control the motors. You may have the same drone but when they put it up on the testing equipment, some things may have been reset. You're in good shape. Not sure what you'd want to accomplish with a tedious call. Have you flown it yet? How does it operate?

Reactions: Paulf10
Thanks for the reply Brett, but I was really hoping you wouldn’t say that. I have feared perhaps that was the case. DJI’s repair ticket only indicated the arm being replaced and all my FAA registration numbers along with my contact information were still intact on various parts of the body. Now I’m wondering if I haven’t been downgraded to a Mavic Pro. Regardless, I do appreciate your opinion and reply.

I think I’ll give DJI a call.
It should be obvious that it is a Mavic Pro Platinum. The front arm literally says “Platinum” on it and the Mavic Pro is a distinctly different greenish blue color while the MPP is a silver color. I doubt they sent you a Mavic Pro instead of a Mavic Pro Platinum.

The way you can check to see if it’s a refurbished drone is to check the serial number. Refurbished drones start with an “R.”

The fact that your FAA number and contact information is still present on the drone makes me question if it really is a refurbished drone. I’m not sure DJI would go through the trouble of replacing those.

Reactions: Paulf10
You can't be "downgraded to a Mavic Pro". They are basically the same drone, with just a few changes. They use the same batteries and much of the same software, even hardware, except for props and a little change in operation of the ESCs that control the motors. You may have the same drone but when they put it up on the testing equipment, some things may have been reset. You're in good shape. Not sure what you'd want to accomplish with a tedious call. Have you flown it yet? How does it operate?

Yes I have flown it and there does seem to be some difference but having only performed one flight I really want to settle this issue first before dealing with whatever else ther maybe.
I did call DJI and they said this ( Mavic Pro Flight Records) should not be happening and asked that I send in screen shots via email.

Thanks for your reply and insight!

Edit:
After checking what Brett8883 suggested I think you are 100% correct in asking what do I hope to accomplish with the tedious dealings with DJI support.

Thanks again!
I love this forum!!!

Last edited:
It should be obvious that it is a Mavic Pro Platinum. The front arm literally says “Platinum” on it and the Mavic Pro is a distinctly different greenish blue color while the MPP is a silver color. I doubt they sent you a Mavic Pro instead of a Mavic Pro Platinum.

The way you can check to see if it’s a refurbished drone is to check the serial number. Refurbished drones start with an “R.”

The fact that your FAA number and contact information is still present on the drone makes me question if it really is a refurbished drone. I’m not sure DJI would go through the trouble of replacing those.

Thanks Brett! Although the color didn’t help me (I’m red/green color blind) everything else did. The serial number, my “home made” ID labels, and the Platinum wording on the front. I now have piece of mind that its my MPP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes