DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic platinum RC controller wont connect to dji app.

Reactions
Hi everyone i recently bought a mavic platinum. it has worked just fine with about 4 flys under its wings. today i tried to fly it and the controller does not seem to connect to my iphone 7s. The mavic itself , rc controller and dji go app all power up just fine but the dji4go app on the phone displays disconnected . The mavic connects just fine with the controller as i can see battery stats and other info on the controller screen and i swiched the drone itself to wifi and it connects and flys just fine also. So the problem is with the controller conncting with the app via cable . I have switched cables , uninstalled and reinstalled the djigo app, switched ports from side to bottom and even switched phones with my brothers and nothing seems to wrk . Im reading this has hapened to a few people any help on what the problemis appreciated i would hate to have to send it back already for repair.

Hi everyone i recently bought a mavic platinum. it has worked just fine with about 4 flys under its wings. today i tried to fly it and the controller does not seem to connect to my iphone 7s. The mavic itself , rc controller and dji go app all power up just fine but the dji4go app on the phone displays disconnected . The mavic connects just fine with the controller as i can see battery stats and other info on the controller screen and i swiched the drone itself to wifi and it connects and flys just fine also. So the problem is with the controller conncting with the app via cable . I have switched cables , uninstalled and reinstalled the djigo app, switched ports from side to bottom and even switched phones with my brothers and nothing seems to wrk . Im reading this has hapened to a few people any help on what the problemis appreciated i would hate to have to send it back already for repair.

Mine done the same thing, the only thing that changed was I installed an external i-phone mount so I don't have to take my phone cover off everytime I want to fly, if you have this setup and your plugged into the standard USB port, you have to unplug the micro USB plug that is installed from the factory

ok after playing around with this thing and uninstalling the firmware on both the controller and drone and that still didn't work I was ready to send it back but eventually found the problem. Ok unbelieveably how simple it was --I discovered that on an iPhone even though u can basically connect a cable no matter up or down to charge your phone or upload stuff it seems like the RC controller will not allow you to do this and it only works in one direction . so by simply reversing the cable I was able to get it connected in the app screen to display. So iPhone users beware if u have your own cable it only works one way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi