DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 - Mavic Air 2 upgrade?

CaseyEire

Reactions
Hi all, I just sold a 2 year old Mavic Pro with a bag and a few accessories and ordered the Air 2 Fly More Combo.
The sale paid for the new drone and then I threw €200 down for the combo.
My question here is - is this a big upgrade or did I just downgrade?
I'm getting mixed answers on this !
thanks all!

Hi all, I just sold a 2 year old Mavic Pro with a bag and a few accessories and ordered the Air 2 Fly More Combo.
The sale paid for the new drone and then I threw €200 down for the combo.
My question here is - is this a big upgrade or did I just downgrade?
I'm getting mixed answers on this !
thanks all!

If your a hobbyist than you want the drone your going to have the most fun with, and the AIR 2 has some features that that you our going to love.
There is no doubt in my mind that you made the right decision... Just dont brick your drone on the first day, Charge single charger only. Thank me latter.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavics in the Rain;
Coal

Reactions: CaseyEire
If your a hobbyist than you want the drone your going to have the most fun with, and the AIR 2 has some features that that you our going to love.
There is no doubt in my mind that you made the right decision... Just dont brick your drone on the first day, Charge single charger only. Thank me latter.

Phantomrain.org
Coal
I do a fitness podcast and use it for tracking exercises, cycling / trail running. It sold me on the new active track !
What do I do with the charger ? ?

I do a fitness podcast and use it for tracking exercises, cycling / trail running. It sold me on the new active track !
What do I do with the charger ? ?

Warning Alert ! You can only use the single charger to charge your battery and not the Charging hub or you will brick your Battery.... once you charge it with the single charger you DJI battery will be activated with DJI and your good to go.

This Activation might be to stop third party battery makers from scamming DJI Pilots , its just a thought.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Warning Alert ! You can only use the single charger to charge your battery and not the Charging hub or you will brick your Battery.... once you charge it with the single charger you DJI battery will be activated with DJI and your good to go.

This Activation might be to stop third party battery makers from scamming DJI Pilots , its just a thought.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Wow. Thanks for the warning. I fly a Spark and have an MA2 coming -- someday.

Phantomrain is not being clear.
You only need to use the single battery charger on each battery for the first time to be sure the batteries are properly awaken from hibernation for shipping.
After that, there's no issues using the hub.

Actually, I don't think any harm will come from having used the hub first time, it just simply might not work to turn the batteries back on. Using the charger directly should correct this.

Charging only for a minute directly with the charger should also properly wake them up, where you can then use the hub.

Phantomrain is not being clear.
You only need to use the single battery charger on each battery for the first time to be sure the batteries are properly awaken from hibernation for shipping.
After that, there's no issues using the hub.

Actually, I don't think any harm will come from having used the hub first time, it just simply might not work to turn the batteries back on. Using the charger directly should correct this.

Charging only for a minute directly with the charger should also properly wake them up, where you can then use the hub.
Great info guys, thank you. I initially ordered from DJI last week but customer service said it could be the 25th before it is shipped. I refunded and ordered from Harvey Norman here in Ireland which say they can start delivering from Thursday onwards. It’ll probably be next week but can’t wait to get it. It’s funny, once you have had a drone and sell it, you miss it immediately !

That charger thing is news to me. I have both a MA1 and a Mavic Pro Platinum. Both with flymore kits. I’ve never used the single charger . Is this a MA2 issue? If so, I hope it’s clearly documented.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu