DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Precision Landing

JeffreyButler

Reactions
Did DJI remove precision landing? There's no mention in the manual and my RTH and auto-land is no where near as accurate as my Mavic Pro (off by several feet). IF they did, that's a shame...

Jeff

I think precision landing is normal (not an option)... I had my Mavic Pro not do so perfectly every time with precision landing. Give it another try!

Did DJI remove precision landing? There's no mention in the manual and my RTH and auto-land is no where near as accurate as my Mavic Pro (off by several feet). IF they did, that's a shame...

Jeff
I flew my m2p first time this afternoon. Sent it an RTH and expected it to sit down right on the launch pad. It landed in the grass 12' away. My p4p will land within inches of where it started,

Here's the response I got from DJI over on the FB group:
" Hi Jeff, this is Hunter from DJI. I'm sorry that the Mavic 2 does not have the feature of precision landing for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Thanks for your attention."

Well in my opinion that wasn't a smart move and DJI may want to reconsider that decision and add it to a firmware update. It was definitely one of the nice features of the Mavic pro that should have been ported over to the Mavic 2 Series. If I had some sort of loss of signal or failure of the remote having precision landing means the difference between landing on a dock in RTH or landing in the water.

yep I was not impressed with RTH landing. 2 to 4ft off every time. I had to manually take over. I made sure to go straight up so the unit could get a good look at its home point.

Flies nice and the Camera is super steady.

" Hi Jeff, this is Hunter from DJI. I'm sorry that the Mavic 2 does not have the feature of precision landing for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Thanks for your attention."

Well in my opinion that wasn't a smart move and DJI may want to reconsider that decision and add it to a firmware update. It was definitely one of the nice features of the Mavic pro that should have been ported over to the Mavic 2 Series. If I had some sort of loss of signal or failure of the remote having precision landing means the difference between landing on a dock in RTH or landing in the water.
I hope you used your excellent example on Jeff from DJI.

Couldn't agree with you more - I thought I was doing something wrong, since I'm a newbie. I'm tired of cutting weeds with my props!

Couldn't agree with you more - I thought I was doing something wrong, since I'm a newbie. I'm tired of cutting weeds with my props!
theres a 50' landing pad that needs to be bought separately :)
seriously tho,its likely in a firmware fix.

Cannot set the batteries to discharge either, that’s missing. So be careful if your storing them full.

The manual says they will go into a slow self-discharge mode after 10 days. Not a replacement for a missing feature, but hopefully enough to keep the batteries healthy.

Regarding precision landing... my experience was not good either. With RTH, it landed a few feet away from where it took off, and it did not re-orientate to face the same direction as it did when it took off (which I believe was a function of precision landing, right?). I even ensured that I got a good home lock on the gps and went straight up 10 feet pretty slowly and it was broad daylight. What is the point of having the LED landing lights if its not using them to land where it took off?

Reactions: miemo
"This ensures high precision landings". There is weasel room there. Could mean manual landing but you can see clearly where its landing...

Brilliant! Thank you. Therein lies the evidence! I'm still very optimistic that DJI will have this covered in the next firmware release, this safety feature is so valuable.
DJI rep on another forum said "Precision landing is not baked into the m2 and there’s no plan for it. "

DJI rep on another forum said "Precision landing is not baked into the m2 and there’s no plan for it. "

I hate to say it but those DJI reps are PR folks that don’t have any real insight in my experience of what is coming out of engineering.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123