DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 - Read dat files

I'm actually trying to get at the aircraft data. I'm not sure the app is good enough... unless it records 30hz data?

Although the DAT file on the AC is encrypted, the one on the mobile is not.

However if your concern is about AC/RC disconnects, local DAT isn't as useful.

I am looking to get access to as much telemetry and system data as possible and as frequently as possible. That’s my concern is on the controller/app side, what is the refresh rate? 1x per second?
Ideally I’d like to get 30x per second data

Is there an app or a way to do that with a Mavic 2 pro - or maybe even a phantom 4 pro v2?

I am looking to get access to as much telemetry and system data as possible and as frequently as possible. That’s my concern is on the controller/app side, what is the refresh rate? 1x per second?
Ideally I’d like to get 30x per second data

Is there an app or a way to do that with a Mavic 2 pro - or maybe even a phantom 4 pro v2?
You can use DatCon to convert the P4PV2 .DAT. DatCon can be obtained here
DatCon Introduction

Not all the telemetry is as fast or faster than 30 Hz. To see the sample rates take a look at
V3 .CSV column descriptions

Bud, I was able to yank the dat file from the P4Pv2 and run it through your program and I see it is 30hz (which is great). Does it also show the camera gimbal attitude? In degrees or something? Did I miss that?

Last edited:
Bud, I was able to yank the dat file from the P4Pv2 and run it through your program and I see it is 30hz (which is great). Does it also show the camera gimbal attitude? In degrees or something? Did I miss that?
Sorry, no gimbal info In the.DAT. AFAIK, the .txt is the only place where gimbal data exists.

DatCon reports at whatever data rate you request, independent of the recording rate. Some of the DAT file data are logged at 10 Hz (e.g. GPS) while other data are logged at up to 200 Hz (e.g. rate gyros, accelerometers). So it depends which data you are looking for.

I’m looking to get:
time, GPS (x, y, z), rotation, speed, gimbal elevation (degree or something) to insert into movies (exif) obtained by the drone (camera/sensors/etc). Ideally, if this was 30hz to match to a 30 fps movie, that would be the ideal solution...

The Mavic Air and Mavic 2 DAT files are only decryptable by DJI.
That explains a lot - I was wondering why, in other threads, no-one had posted info from the attached dat file for a Mavic 2, and I couldnt even open it using Datcon...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986