DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Satellite View

DCPMavicPilot

Reactions
Hello,

I finally pulled the trigger on a new Mavic 2 Pro. I was going to set some way points for my property out in the country for the Mavic to circle around the property and I noticed the satellite view of my property is several years old and does not match the current state of the property. Google Maps and others are up to date. Is there any way to update the satellite view?

Thank you,

Reactions: jumblemon
Hello,

I finally pulled the trigger on a new Mavic 2 Pro. I was going to set some way points for my property out in the country for the Mavic to circle around the property and I noticed the satellite view of my property is several years old and does not match the current state of the property. Google Maps and others are up to date. Is there any way to update the satellite view?

Thank you,
Long story, short, they get their satellite and map data from MapBox. This service is probably just not as good as google maps or yahoo maps (my guess). A lot of the data seems to be from 2014.
You can submit corrections to mapbox.
1-You can click on the lower right corner of the app's map, where there is a lower case letter i.
2-Then click on "improve this map"
3-Click on fix satellite map
4-Crop the area of concern in your display (your property, for instance)
5-Click "next"
6-Fill in your comments such as "this satellite imagery is way out of date, etc. " and then click send.

Hello,

Thank you,
Most folks seem to prefer "Litchi" for doing Waypoints and they use GoogleMaps. They also have Litchi Virtual Mission where you can program your mission before leaving the house no matter where it is.

Near the end of this post you will find more info.
Help with a project please :)

Long story, short, they get their satellite and map data from MapBox. This service is probably just not as good as google maps or yahoo maps (my guess). A lot of the data seems to be from 2014.
1-You can click on the lower right corner of the app's map, where there is a lower case letter i.
5-Click "next"
6-Fill in your comments such as "this satellite imagery is way out of date, etc. " and then click send.
5-Click "next"

Thank you very much for the reply. However I did not have anything to click on at the lower left or anywhere else? I'm using an iPad pro and the DJI Go 4 app. (Most current version)

In my area a VA, Google maps is about 2 years behind. When I get a little more air time under my belt I might use the waypoints as you suggest. I want to do a landscape video that would cover about a 1/2 mile and was wondering if I needed to position myself at the midpoint or what. Waypoints look like the way to go.

Thanks for the reply. I will continue to dive in and learn. It seams my software which is the most current is a little different. I looked at the Litchi software but all it wanted to do is sell me a monthly plan, so I deleted it. I have 20 acres that I want to set up a recon mission and have the Mavic view the property for me. My main purpose is to look for animals and people on my property. Can someone suggest an altitude and gimble angle? I have never flown. Taking it out for the first time this weekend.

Thank you very much for the reply. However I did not have anything to click on at the lower left or anywhere else? I'm using an iPad pro and the DJI Go 4 app. (Most current version)
Okay, I guess it looks different on different devices. See attached photo of what it looks like on my Pixel 3 XL phone. The small i (info) inside the circle is what i clicked on and then followed that procedure above. I sent them a report about some inaccuracies for my local area. I have not heard anything back (and i do not expect to either) but it has only been 24 hours.
Screenshot_20191203-194543.png

Obviously there will be a delay in the data and the snapshots. Can you imagine mapping photos out this whole planet in real time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro