DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 with goggles reduces transmission

dry3210

Reactions
I see a lot of posts regarding needing to log into the DJI app on a phone which isn't my issue (I do that)

Whenever the goggles (racing edition) are also connected the drone loses connection at a mere 400 to 1000 feet away. Even flying it at the same locations without the goggles and I get twice the distance no issues.

Anyone else have this issue or thoughts on fixing?

Mavic 2 pro

Reactions: Gray52
Another member indicated attaching the antenna helped increase the range even though DJI suggests it is not necessary. It is still unclear however if the antenna is strictly for the Wi-Fi connection or if it also receives Occusync. I have the goggles but I haven’t had an opportunity to test them myself.

Another member indicated attaching the antenna helped increase the range even though DJI suggests it is not necessary. It is still unclear however if the antenna is strictly for the Wi-Fi connection or if it also receives Occusync. I have the goggles but I haven’t had an opportunity to test them myself.
I tried using the antenna but it made only a little (if any) difference to the range.

As soon as you disconnect the goggles, the controller & tablet re-establish a normal connection.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Several threads about that already, and DJI is aware of this bug showing up for some.

I see a lot of posts regarding needing to log into the DJI app on a phone which isn't my issue (I do that)

Whenever the goggles (racing edition) are also connected the drone loses connection at a mere 400 to 1000 feet away. Even flying it at the same locations without the goggles and I get twice the distance no issues.

Anyone else have this issue or thoughts on fixing?

Mavic 2 pro

Dji are aware of it, and a firmware update should sort it.

Anyone know if there is a fix coming. Just record the re goggles and yes, fly a short distance and I loose the video.

I’ve been waiting since the Mp2 came out and nothing as yet. Very disappointed to be honest. The 5.8 ghz only works if you use there module in something else!

I found when you bind the white googles to the drone, it seems to be stuck in 2.4Ghz mode and range/quality of transmission is greatly reduces. Even after turning the goggles off, the transmission is still bad. If you look at the bands in Go4 while connected, you'll find its on 2.4Ghz and you cannot change it to 5.8Ghz, any attempt to do so simply results in the band staying on 2.4Ghz. Of course depending where you fly and how noisy the area is, 2.4Ghz may be perfectly fine for your uses, but the radio is not performing to its optimal level.

Its almost as if binding the RC and Goggles to the RC forces it to operate in some backward compatible mode like Ocusync 1.0. What complicates it further is a test flight back on the original Mavic Pro with white goggles yields better results, so its as if what ever mode it operates in, is worse than the original Ocusync. I dont fly the M2 with the goggles very much due to my poor experience.

I returned the re goggles. I didn’t like the experience of flying with them enough to spend time troubleshooting issues.

I think the issue may be that when the goggles are engaged, you're no longer using the antennas on the tx for video reception, but rather now using the one in the head piece. Not sure if it's just not as receptive or bad firmware. I see one person says they reset and reflashed the fw and it fixed it - maybe I'll try that. Reception is seriously degraded with the goggles though. Not cool...

Last edited:
I did a factory reset on the goggles, re-installed the newest firmare and re-linked it to the Mavic 2. That solved the problem for me. I'm not using external antenna.

Can you elaborate on the location of your successful flights using Goggles RE/Mavic2 combo. Was it residential or in the country?

Im starting to think that the issue has alot to do with how the Goggles RE handle RF interference compared to the Mavic 2 alone. Ive had so many flights where the Goggles RE caused range issues and had to be powered off but Ive also had 2 good flights. The only difference was the location. The 2 good range flights were over Lake Michigan, where as, the many other unsuccessful flights, with Goggles, were in residential areas (with alot of LOW INTESITY RF Interference, from wifi).

Im not saying the issue is due to heavy interference, but it does seem like the Goggles lock up when facing ANY interference at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde