DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro abnormal gimbal vibration-motor overload

Gasrcboat

Reactions
Mavic pro abnormal gimbal vibration with gimbal motor overload errors. Ribbon cable has been replaced, gimbal calibrates correctly but I still get the abnormal vibration. Seems to happen every 10 to 17 seconds. See video, how do I fix this? The video is of drone turned on only, just sitting.Gimbal vibration
This drone has never been crashed, it was transported several times without gimbal lock.
The cover is off in video because I just changed ribbon cable, same issue, have not had the overload error since ribbon change.
It’s really odd that it happens ever 17 seconds(about), it is random but constant.
Gimbal works correctly when it’s not vibrating.
When vibrating tilt motor gets hot. If you hold the tilt arm while vibrating it seems to stop quicker.
Thank you to all.
Seriously frustrated!

Last edited:
Mavic pro abnormal gimbal vibration with gimbal motor overload errors. Ribbon cable has been replaced, gimbal calibrates correctly but I still get the abnormal vibration. Seems to happen every 10 to 17 seconds. See video, how do I fix this? The video is of drone turned on only, just sitting.Gimbal vibration
This drone has never been crashed, it was transported several times without gimbal lock.
The cover is off in video because I just changed ribbon cable, same issue, have not had the overload error since ribbon change.
It’s really odd that it happens ever 17 seconds(about), it is random but constant.
Gimbal works correctly when it’s not vibrating.
When vibrating tilt motor gets hot. If you hold the tilt arm while vibrating it seems to stop quicker.
Thank you to all.
Seriously frustrated!
In case anyone wants to know, it was a bad tilt motor, I assume the feedback from the stepper was messed up, tilt and pan worked fine but it would jump buzz flicker ever few seconds.
Replaced gimbal motors and flex for a third time and all is good for now.

Reactions: Thomas B
If it won't gimbal calibrate, yeah you may have to go the replace route.

But noticed today that before takeoff I could go up with my gimbal, but not after taking off. Only able to point down, not above level would not go up above straight and level. Any ideas? Maybe I'm do for another gimbal calibrate.

Is you upwards tilt limit engaged in app?
Any motors hot?
Recalibrate, if all is good it should pass.

Is you upwards tilt limit engaged in app?
Any motors hot?
Recalibrate, if all is good it should pass.
I looked and no it wasn't limited in the app. It wouldn't even go the 30 degrees up. Anywhere between 0 and looking down at the ground was ok. And before flight it would go up, but not after taking off. Almost like the camera is ok, but not after taking off which is a mystery.

Didn't check the temperatures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54