DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro and dji goggles can i plug them into the controller?

droneuser

Reactions
Hi

I saw that with the mavic air you can plug the dji goggles right into the controller can I do that with the mavic pro? I would think by plugging them into the controller it would have no lag? right?

sounds like to dji goggles have a os( operating system ) on them hence why mavic air can be plug in with out a phone/tablet

So I would think the mavic pro is the same way??

Hi droneuser

Hi I've been flying a MP with goggles for quite some time, there is always a Lag with what ever video capture system you use, even on my racing drone !.
The DJI Ocusync system in use on the goggles is very good, checkout coulit's post that may help

Ocusync vs Lightbridge

There will still be lag if you used a cable.

Waylander

ok but can I still plug them into the controller?

yes I know they can but cant I plug them in just like the mavic air?

k :( well that sucks I thought that would be a good way a person could fly without phone/tablet

k :( well that sucks I thought that would be a good way a person could fly without phone/tablet
You can still fly without the phone/tablet, using the remote and goggles. The goggles have camera control and intelligent flight mode control built in.

Hi droneuser

Technically you do not need a phone or tablet to use the DJI goggles with a Mavic Pro, the Ocusync works with the downfeed from the Drone..

Waylander

While that's possible, you'll be restricted to a height of 30 meters and distance of 50 meters if you fly with only the remote controller and DJI Goggles.

While that's possible, you'll be restricted to a height of 30 meters and distance of 50 meters if you fly with only the remote controller and DJI Goggles.
THAT part I was unaware of.

Why is that, because you’re not flying Wifi at that point? Just curious.

And is it like that anytime you are flying with a remote only, regardless of whether you are using goggles?

Last edited:
Ah msinger, is that because you are not logged into your DJI account without a phone/tablet, is that what restricts your flight, or what...?
Waylander

Yes.

ohh I didn't know that to :( is the mavic air restricted too cause of not being signed in?

if there was no restrictions I thought it would be a good way to fly without worrying about phone/tablet issues

is the mavic air restricted too cause of not being signed in?
It will be restricted if you do not connect the Mavic Air to DJI GO before connecting the DJI Goggles. You'd probably want to do that anyhow though to ensure everything is ready to go in DJI GO.

so can that be done with mavic pro then to?? then exit dji go app after checking everything?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler