DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro and Mavic Air zoom capabilities

conker

Reactions
Hi All,

This is my first post here, and I am considering buying a Mavic Air. When doing some comparisons against the Mavic Pro, I noticed that the Pro has zoom capabilities, but it appears that the Air does not? Can someone confirm? Is zoom really a more advanced features? Thanks!

The Mavic Air does not have a digital zoom like the Mavic Pro.

Here's a video showing how the Mavic Pro digital zoom works:

I would honestly prefer no digital zoom and do anything I need in post. It is fun to mess with, but definitely not something I'd actually use for footage.

Reactions: Texy
Hi All,

This is my first post here, and I am considering buying a Mavic Air. When doing some comparisons against the Mavic Pro, I noticed that the Pro has zoom capabilities, but it appears that the Air does not? Can someone confirm? Is zoom really a more advanced features? Thanks!

As an alternative to using the SD5 button as in the video, spreading/pinching one's fingers directly on the screen of one's device is also effective, especially when one wishes to go directly from 1.0 to 2.0X

Thank you for that - However I did not see very clearly how you turn this on and off via the controller - can you please explain a bit more - and will it always looks a bit jerky?

However I did not see very clearly how you turn this on and off via the controller
There is no way to disable the zooming function. If you don't want to zoom, then just don't do it.

will it always looks a bit jerky?
It's a little less jerky looking if you touch the mobile device screen with two fingers and spread them apart or together to zoom in and out (like you zoom in mobile device web browser). The zoom increments at 0.1x zoom at a time (with a maximum of a 2.0x zoom). Since it's not possible to zoom at anything less than 0.1x at a time, it's always going to be just a little bit jerky looking.

Post is fine for video production. Useless for search & rescue operation :(

So, another small, portable, light drone with decent power and wind resistance, a 4k cam, same feature set as Mavic Air... but with 2x digital zoom? Any recommendations?
PS: We already use Phantoms, etc. I want to use the Mavic air as a light-weight, portable backup for travel and climbing, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun