DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro basic camera settings

L98ster

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Just took the Mavic Pro out and I have a question about some basic camera settings. Today was slightly overcast, so I put the setting on cloudy, because it auto seemed too washed out. Setting it on cloudy was an improvement, but still washed out. However, upon landing I was hovering over my landing pad which is bright orange, but on the camera, it looked completely white and could not make out the big H in the middle of the pad. It basically was a large Completely white circle.

Does anyone know of any basic settings that can help the color balance to show true colors. Clearly, My skills with photography our basic to say the least.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

-George

Practice can be time consuming, but there are too many variables that make up setting changes. What works for one scene, may not work on another. I’ve flown these for a few years and I’m still experimenting!

Just took the Mavic Pro out and I have a question about some basic camera settings. Today was slightly overcast, so I put the setting on cloudy, because it auto seemed too washed out. Setting it on cloudy was an improvement, but still washed out. However, upon landing I was hovering over my landing pad which is bright orange, but on the camera, it looked completely white and could not make out the big H in the middle of the pad. It basically was a large Completely white circle.

Does anyone know of any basic settings that can help the color balance to show true colors. Clearly, My skills with photography our basic to say the least.
The "cloudy" setting is White Balance - used to keep the colours looking right in different lighting conditions.
If you had a problem with the white balance settings, the screen and images would look too blue or too yellow.
The problem of the screen and images looking washed out is not a problem of incorrect white balance, it's a problem of over-exposure (too much light).

The most common cause is accidental setting of the exposure compensation to overexpose.
To confirm whether this is your problem, look at the line of camera data on your screen.
It should look something like this:
i-QwxDW3r-M.jpg

The number under EV is what you are looking for.
If you have set exposure compensation to over-expose, it probably shows something like +2.0.
(if it was negative (-2.0 etc) the screen and images would look too dark)
If it does, dial that back closer to 0

What I've found, is that even with optimal camera settings, some editing in post is always going to be necessary and valuable.

Reactions: CJG and Futuramille
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard