DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Batteries on sale

Batteries are at least £85 everywhere in U.K. and I doubt any duty will be anywhere near £30 so should still be better off, but as I said I will report back with all info as I get it

ha ha have you ever been caught with paying duty!! you pay the duty (whatever percent) and then they add on the fee from the company that will collect the duty from you (last time I ordered something that got caught the fee was £10) and then they add vat to the whole amount - it can add up really quickly!!

ha ha have you ever been caught with paying duty!! you pay the duty (whatever percent) and then they add on the fee from the company that will collect the duty from you (last time I ordered something that got caught the fee was £10) and then they add vat to the whole amount - it can add up really quickly!!

I sure have!! A few times on stuff from the US but rarely on shipments from china, will probably have to pay VAT though and postage at this end so will defo cost more than the £52 I have paid but should still be less than the £85+ that they cost here

My tracking info is working now, ordered 48 hours ago

Nope but good chance it will be Royal Mail so an £8 charge would follow

My batteries arrived today, no customs charges whatsoever so what i paid tomtop is all i paid. They were delivered by royal mail and are definitely genuine also.

My batteries arrived today, no customs charges whatsoever so what i paid tomtop is all i paid. They were delivered by royal mail and are definitely genuine also.
Sounds good, looking forward to you reporting a test of flight time compared with originals, hopefully just the same, cheers,ian

Sounds good, looking forward to you reporting a test of flight time compared with originals, hopefully just the same, cheers,ian

Won't get a chance tonight but I'll let you know tomorrow.

Hey slater what was your order date and what dispatch region did you select? (China or Europe) if Europe what was cost in £ for battery? Cheers

They're originals. I've already flown them. To bad they don't ship here anymore.

Your Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery () was manufactured on Saturday, May, 27th 2017

I guess it checks out

The manufacturing date "code" can be applied to the serial number by counterfeiters too... not saying this 'is' counterfeit, just that that is not a valid proof.

Hey slater what was your order date and what dispatch region did you select? (China or Europe) if Europe what was cost in £ for battery? Cheers

Ordered them on the 25th, they arrived today. They were dispatched from China. They worked out at £50 each.

The manufacturing date "code" can be applied to the serial number by counterfeiters too... not saying this 'is' counterfeit, just that that is not a valid proof.
Not sure what other proof you'd need. I've thrown the quad into a high wind-gust (50-60km/h) upstream and flew the battery in full sports mode the whole flight and it flew in line with the other DJI batteries I have. It looks, walks and talks like the others, clicks in just fine, no raised surfaces. I'd say counterfeit batteries would be more like $30-40. These are roughly 33% off US B&M prices and coming from a china e-tailer, they aren't THAT much cheaper. Most aftermarket DJI batteries I see are marked and priced accordingly.

I guess the only way to know would be dissecting the battery and compare it with an original? Or perhaps DJI just refurbished the battery and reselling them as refurbs which TomTop are selling as new? Otherwise I dont know what to say, they work just fine.

You also have PP protection which in my case i'm afraid I may have to exercise as they last two batteries I've purchased haven't turned up and TT have yet to issue a refund, but thats for another matter entirely.

Not sure what other proof you'd need. I've thrown the quad into a high wind-gust (50-60km/h) upstream and flew the battery in full sports mode the whole flight and it flew in line with the other DJI batteries I have. It looks, walks and talks like the others, clicks in just fine, no raised surfaces. I'd say counterfeit batteries would be more like $30-40. These are roughly 33% off US B&M prices and coming from a china e-tailer, they aren't THAT much cheaper. Most aftermarket DJI batteries I see are marked and priced accordingly.

I guess the only way to know would be dissecting the battery and compare it with an original? Or perhaps DJI just refurbished the battery and reselling them as refurbs which TomTop are selling as new? Otherwise I dont know what to say, they work just fine.

You also have PP protection which in my case i'm afraid I may have to exercise as they last two batteries I've purchased haven't turned up and TT have yet to issue a refund, but thats for another matter entirely.

I don't doubt you are right. I was just pointing out that creating a valid looking serial number with a correct looking date encoded into it is not difficult and therefore not a proof in itself that it's not a counterfeit.

I don't doubt you are right. I was just pointing out that creating a valid looking serial number with a correct looking date encoded into it is not difficult and therefore not a proof in itself that it's not a counterfeit.

Everything about them is perfect in comparison to one I have bought in the uk. From the box/packaging to the actual battery.

True, others have received theirs also, so they can put the battery thru its paces. Time will tell. I can only share my experiences tu.
Cash back?
Tomtop Discount Codes, Cashback & Vouchers | TopCashback

Slightly better rate then the one I used at 7.2%

Makes me wonder what the margin on these batteries for DJI actually is.... must be HUGE

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1