DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Batteries on sale

Mine is being shipped apparently. Fingers crossed it'll arrive safe and sound. Will be interested if it comes via Netherlands / Belgium like some other Tomtop deliveries.

This is what happened to me, except so far they haven't refunded my money. I finally opened a dispute with PayPal.
Finally, almost two weeks after Tomtop admitted the battery was returned and a refund was promised, they issued a refund after PayPal intervened.

Finally, almost two weeks after Tomtop admitted the battery was returned and a refund was promised, they issued a refund after PayPal intervened.

TomTop is horrible. They sent me an open box item (paid for new) AND the battery was defective. Now PayPal is saying I need to pay for shipping back to China. WHAT??? May have to escalate it to my credit card company next (I pay with a credit card via PayPal so I get two bites of the apple if things go sideways!).

I will add TomTop did not respond despite several days of emailing them. Suddenly they got interested when I filed a claim.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
TomTop is horrible. They sent me an open box item (paid for new) AND the battery was defective. Now PayPal is saying I need to pay for shipping back to China. WHAT??? May have to escalate it to my credit card company next (I pay with a credit card via PayPal so I get two bites of the apple if things go sideways!).

I will add TomTop did not respond despite several days of emailing them. Suddenly they got interested when I filed a claim.

Did you order from the uk?

Chinese companies are definitely hit and miss, not too much in the way of quality control but I have to say that tomtop delivered my battery (to U.K.) with no issues at all. Battery was new and works perfectly.
For that I would certainly consider using them again, almost bought a p3se from them the other day but although very rare, the sensible part of my brain (doesn't usually function that way at all) told me that I would probably never fly it and still just use my mp

I'm considering buying the DJI goggles from Tomtop at the moment as via a cahback site in the U.K., paying in $ via non fee credit card, and assuming no customs duties, works out at about £345 rather than £499 rrp so a great saving. Will get them to confirm they cover customs duties first though and see if the battery I've ordered tracks via another EU country.

I'm considering buying the DJI goggles from Tomtop at the moment as via a cahback site in the U.K., paying in $ via non fee credit card, and assuming no customs duties, works out at about £345 rather than £499 rrp so a great saving. Will get them to confirm they cover customs duties first though and see if the battery I've ordered tracks via another EU country.

They don’t cover customs charges, just mark items as low value.

Reactions: Sew
They don’t cover customs charges, just mark items as low value.

Fair enough, but if they ship via another eu country into the U.K. then there are no customs duties. That's why I'm seeing what happens with the battery first. Saying that, even if there are customs duties it might total about £415 after cash back, so still a good saving.
Their website says they cover all fees, so I'll check with them what this actually means!

Fair enough, but if they ship via another eu country into the U.K. then there are no customs duties. That's why I'm seeing what happens with the battery first. Saying that, even if there are customs duties it might total about £415 after cash back, so still a good saving.
Their website says they cover all fees, so I'll check with them what this actually means!

Goggles May be different as they are higher value but I have ordered two lots of batteries (multiple each time and totally hundreds) and they have arrived marked as a laser aligning tool or something similar I can’t quite remember but shipped direct from China.

Goggles May be different as they are higher value but I have ordered two lots of batteries (multiple each time and totally hundreds) and they have arrived marked as a laser aligning tool or something similar I can’t quite remember but shipped direct from China.

How many batteries did you order in total then that arrived without issue? Do you know If they came via another part of the eu?

How many batteries did you order in total then that arrived without issue? Do you know If they came via another part of the eu?

8 in total, 5 the first time and 3 the second. Neither seem to have come via any other eu country going by tracking anyway and were delivered to me by Royal Mail. I did not pay any duty though as they were both marked as worth something silly like £19. All of my batteries arrived sealed and without any damage ( minus small dents in the boxes as they were just shipped in a jiffy envelope)

8 in total, 5 the first time and 3 the second. Neither seem to have come via any other eu country going by tracking anyway and were delivered to me by Royal Mail. I did not pay any duty though as they were both marked as worth something silly like £19. All of my batteries arrived sealed and without any damage ( minus small dents in the boxes as they were just shipped in a jiffy envelope)

Holy **** dude that's a lot of batteries!! They all for you?

Holy **** dude that's a lot of batteries!! They all for you?

Hah yeah I know :) I two of them were for a friend, but I like to keep as many as I can with me as I travel a lot with my mavic and I take it up the highlands and Hebrides often and would hate to miss something due to having no batteries.

Hah yeah I know :) I two of them were for a friend, but I like to keep as many as I can with me as I travel a lot with my mavic and I take it up the highlands and Hebrides often and would hate to miss something due to having no batteries.

Ah man you got me thinking I should buy more now! Got 3 with the fly more combo and ordered 1 more from Tomtop. If that arrives fine then maybe I'll order a couple more [emoji848]

Do u carry a power bank to keep the controller and phone/monitor going for that many batteries, u would only normally get 3-4 out of a full charge

Do u carry a power bank to keep the controller and phone/monitor going for that many batteries, u would only normally get 3-4 out of a full charge

Yeah I sure do, I use an iPad mini so it doesn’t get charged by the remote I can get 5 batteries from a charge. I also use my iPhone if the iPad does.

I wanna get a mini 4 for my mavic, do u use a 4g or wifi only and tether to phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13