DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro battery & antenna mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm interested in the antenna mod. Those look fairly portable as compared to the plate antenna. I'm fine with the battery performance, but the interference in urban areas can be problematic. The more stable the control signal the better. I think unexpected rth is a big cause of crashes.

I'm also intrested in a comparison between these two antennas.

Reactions: Sisko and Mavman
Ya the second link would be for across the pond.
dronenerds was $96 counting shipping.

I was wondering though about fpvcustoms install service. Says all dji controllers might be worth it.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Good for them. Keep ruining our hobby while your at it. The post should be removed

What a bunch of rubbish. Having long range antennas does not equal stupidity. Stupid people = stupidity, and they can be stupid with normal or long range antennas. If you want to do a distance run typically you are going somewhere open and well away from people anyway. I find your comment offensive.

Extending the battery to be able to fly 5 miles? Yea that's why

It doesn't mean you HAVE to fly 5 miles out,...it's the confidence
Extending the battery to be able to fly 5 miles? Yea that's why

That doesn't mean you HAVE to fly 5 miles out... with these antennas
you can fly in heavy wooded or high wifi city areas...you should just
fly in your backyard Mr. Anxiety and don't comment on this thread,
obviously if you read all the past posts listed here......we are all interested
in longer distance and flight time......

I've said it before: If all these Range Extender antennas are legit, how come none of the companies give and technical engineering specs or radiation patttern graphs or give any indication that the people who designed them have any background in RF engineering or RF antenna design?

BTW, this week only I'm having a Special Sale! My unique, customized Range Extender Tinfoil Hats! 50% off! Hurry while they last! Check out the other great deals, too, at "Honest Wommie's" website!

I think having increased signal strength is a no brainer! you would be daft to not do it!

improved signal means better control, better control means a safer flight!

However

The battery mod is not a bad idea but with such a small drone with a better than average camera, i can imagine the 4.3miles range is adequate for the majority of Mavic Pilots,

I would be interested to know who in the Mavic Pilot community wants/needs the extra 1.4miles of flying time and what there doing with it; and why 4.3miles wouldn't meet there needs? I only ask for my own curiosity of course.

Regards.

Completely agree on the antenna mod being worth exploring. Would have to do my own calcs on extra weight:flight time...if you run into some stronger wind the extra weight could really cause the power to vary as well as put heat stress on the UAV and motors.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman