DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro battery, connection, and control iss

Hex

Reactions
The past few days I've been having issues with my Magic, after reading some other threads I seen some of my issues. 1. I keep getting battery error messages. (perhaps because of punching the throttle to hard so says some other threads, but I want to address it because I don't want it to drop obviously)
2. During the error I will either loose connection or the drone will make some 360 turns without me doing it, or it doesn't loose full connection but I get super messed up video screen, where I have to RTH. By the time it gets back the signal usually comes back, and I'm not flying it more then a couple hundred feet away.
3. I put it into "point of interest" twice and haven't since because both times it would do about 180 and I'd start to loose signal then the app would crash hard....

This all started happening a few days ago, the other day I flew for 20 mins no prob, then switched up battery and then I got the error only 2 mins into flight, yes I was punching it across the frozenish lake I quickly put it into gps mode and brought it over land and flew it back gently, once I got it back I restarted everthing, then I got the message I needed firmware update... So I did that (missing the sunset) so today I had it out and got the battery error message again.... I brought it RTH then landed and left. The only real thing that's changed since having "good" flights is my phone, my Samsung S7 was a lemon and demolished my sd cards and other issues so it's in for repair so I'm using a LG G3 as a replacement till mines repaired.... I will admit issues only started since using this phone.... I do have the .dat files for these flights and the original phone footage that shows the signal dropping out and the picture going all mashed.... Which btw I've never seen with my s7.
Any help is very much appreciated and this site is super helpful so thank you :)

Reactions: flightmike
Borrow an iPhone and load on the app and see if that cures the problem. No sense wasting a whole bunch of time sorting through possible Mavic problems until you know the phone is not the source of most of your issues.

Rob

Borrow an iPhone and load on the app and see if that cures the problem. No sense wasting a whole bunch of time sorting through possible Mavic problems until you know the phone is not the source of most of your issues.

Rob

I will try that, but the battery issue showed up on the controller, then the app messed up after, but yes I agree I will try with a different phone.... My gf has the latest lg phone, I'll have to find someone with an iPhone can't think of anyone off the top of my head unfortunately, but if the problem doesn't occur on my gfs phone then we deff know it's the g3. Can phones make that sort of difference to the Mavic? Are there known phones that have caused these sort of issues do you know? Thanks for the reply I will try later and let you know what happens.

The battery issue is not from the phone though.
Any idea what the temp was that day?

I'm in Canada and received the Mavic in Jan.... So the weather has been cold... I've flown the Mavic in -15 degrees Celsius the 1st battery error it was +3. Flying full speed across a lake it was probably -3ish but today it was +14 Nice and warm, so I can say the temperature isn't the issue...

So put in the same battery I was getting those error messages... Downloaded goapp on New LG phone, not error messages, no weird screen mush, and the point of interest worked fine. I put it in sport mode and gave it full juice to try and replicate error, full speed ahead no issue, then I tried full speed ahead and up, the drone just tried turning to the right the first couple tries, then it worked. So LG g3 deff is a problem.

Sent from my LG-D852 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan