DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Made this from stuff out of the junk pile....gotta make the y connector for it, been so busy doing other stuff.just haven't gotten around to it. Probably cost me 1.50 to make it verses what 40 or so bucks. I'm not cheap but hell I purchased 10 sets of these XT60's some time back for like 3 bucks...
Thinking of maybe using the 16ga verses 14ga wire ......

Last edited:
thinking of trying a hover test w/ TP 4.5 & Titan 7.0
strapped together under belly. 552g
vs (2) 4.0 530
(2) 5.2 636
Thoughts from the class?
f7fb3f42d06389a9fe6f270dfacd6565.jpg

Reactions: CyberNate
thinking of trying a hover test w/ TP 4.5 & Titan 7.0
strapped together under belly. 552g
vs (2) 4.0 530
(2) 5.2 636
Thoughts from the class?
f7fb3f42d06389a9fe6f270dfacd6565.jpg

It won't work well will mavic internal. You need to separate the battery board and change the voltage parameters to lower voltage usage range. I think 2 titans could work well with mavic cells removed and taking voltage down to 2.8V per cell. I think you have 1 bad mavic battery. You should pull that apart. I think the 2 thunderpower batteries could also work well if the lower voltage limit is dropped .15 volts to account for the internal resistance.

Anyway looking forward to the hover test.

Reactions: adramelech52
yeah since perams could be changed I'm surprised there hasnt been more of those "no main bat" tests posted here.
cyber, you was kinda the pioneer at stretching distance and flight times before me any others here even owned a mavic, have tried testing multiple combos sans dji cells?

yeah since perams could be changed I'm surprised there hasnt been more of those "no main bat" tests posted here.
cyber, you was kinda the pioneer at stretching distance and flight times before me any others here even owned a mavic, have tried testing multiple combos sans dji cells?
I may try some combinations this week.

Reactions: chazz
Not battery related but I figure the guys here are the ones most likely to be in this situation:

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 11 and is using an older version of DJI Go 4? I'm curious if it works.

@digdat0 ?

Ran another 300 sec with main battery showing zero, and got the critical battery landing message around 20m high. After sitting a few minutes, the TP4500HV showed 11.21v with the Mavic powered on, so definitely some gas left.

yBnn2TA.png

yBnn2TA

I haven't done any testing of separated battery board. I want to, but with 3 kids running around and dirty looks from my significant other when I'm messing with my drones, I'm limited on my free time ;-). I'm looking to you guys to test. The 18650 or new 21xxx batteries that Chaz is testing could be the key if parameters are set right. There's a high power to weight ratio, but the shifted usable range is challenging.

Reactions: Ed209
ive been using ios11 beta, used it with 4.0.6, 4.0.8 and 4.1.0 and no issues. Absolutely no issues, its worked amazingly. I just updated to the launch version, haven't flown yet but should be good. Ive used the screen recorder as well, it does not suck down battery like the 3rd party apps did. I'm loving it. iPad air 2.

Reactions: Ed209
ive been using ios11 beta, used it with 4.0.6, 4.0.8 and 4.1.0 and no issues. Absolutely no issues, its worked amazingly. I just updated to the launch version, haven't flown yet but should be good. Ive used the screen recorder as well, it does not suck down battery like the 3rd party apps did. I'm loving it. iPad air 2.
Thanks Dig that's very reassuring. I'm at 4.0.8 with no intentions of upgrading but I'd like to go to iOS 11 for screen recording ever since Airshou stopped working and I undid my jailbreak.

I haven't done any testing of separated battery board. I want to, but with 3 kids running around and dirty looks from my significant other when I'm messing with my drones, I'm limited on my free time ;-). I'm looking to you guys to test. The 18650 or new 21xxx batteries that Chaz is testing could be the key if parameters are set right. There's a high power to weight ratio, but the shifted usable range is challenging.
Oh I know those dirty looks! I locked my drones up in the garage cabinets for fear of sabotage!!!

Reactions: CyberNate
Thanks Dig that's very reassuring. I'm at 4.0.8 with no intentions of upgrading but I'd like to go to iOS 11 for screen recording ever since Airshou stopped working and I undid my jailbreak.

Man I have JB every device I've ever had, with exception of the iPhone 7 plus.

I was way into JB-ing, testing and modding my FW. The good old days.

Honestly there is so little the JB has anymore. It's kind of not worth it.

Reactions: mel69hash
I picked up XT60s to make my Y harness and will test the TP4500hv and 3500hv together with and without a DJI main battery.

Same here, loves the new ios11. Going to be so nice being able to record screen during flights.

Man I have JB every device I've ever had, with exception of the iPhone 7 plus.

I was way into JB-ing, testing and modding my FW. The good old days.

Honestly there is so little the JB has anymore. It's kind of not worth it.
Agreed. I was rooting and JB-ing everything. The only thing the JB is good for now is loading your own packed IPAs if you did that. Also, the new iTunes doesn't have the app section so rolling back is not possible. I'll be staying at iTunes 12.6 for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugsoft