DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Wondering if the balance leads need to be connected to the battery when tapped into pins 2-3 5-6 for power... Hmmm...

I don't see how I could have fried the board. Everything was clean and easy.

.You wont get power to the board from there...when you get the balance lead an plug it in youll get power...or If you decide to solder the way i did youll get power but its very important! to plug in the blance lead first...Bean fkd up his board and i have also had issues with my p3 battery doing that...

Reactions: Ed209
.You wont get power to the board from there...when you get the balance lead an plug it in youll get power...or If you decide to solder the way i did youll get power but its very important! to plug in the blance lead first...Bean fkd up his board and i have also had issues with my p3 battery doing that...

Balance lead first in both configurations? Since I don't have the jumpers hooked up like you do. Sorry, I'm very specific :)

I cant say it will cause issues with the way you did it because i never did that....But if you ultimately change it to the way i did it yes always balance lead first...To be clear i marked where i mean on your pic....In the P3 batt dual mod section they called this area "switched" i believe and where you did it it was called "unswitched" or vise versa

Attachments

• Wv7iZOI.jpg
    Wv7iZOI.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
I cant say it will cause issues with the way you did it because i never did that....But if you ultimately change it to the way i did it yes always balance lead first...To be clear i marked where i mean on your pic....In the P3 batt dual mod section they called this area "switched" i believe and where you did it it was called "unswitched"
Got it. Thanks. Hope I didn't F anything up on this board. I'll see what happens when the balance leads come in.

Got it. Thanks. Hope I didn't F anything up on this board. I'll see what happens when the balance leads come in.

You didn't... mine did the same thing. I soldered a CT lead to those pins and mine wouldn't turn on either. However when I plugged the balance lead back into the old battery it lit right up!

Reactions: chazz and Ed209
Good luck man! hope everything works out and you get some good flight times...

You didn't... mine did the same thing. I soldered a CT lead to those pins and mine wouldn't turn on either. However when I plugged the balance lead back into the old battery it lit right up!

when you sendin me that magic no autoland mav? or maybe just the battery? ;)

when you sendin me that magic no autoland mav? or maybe just the battery? ;)

You know after talking to Ed today, I think it's the way I added my external batteries.

I turn it on-
I add the external-
The battery starts charging and turns off right away
I take off for a minute on just the externals to lower the voltage-
Land-
Then move the external and double push the battery button.

Then if the battery on the Mavic stays on, I take off.

I have no-
"Time remaining" just "--:--" where the 25:00 should be.
I have flight time in the battery screen
I have voltage in each cell
mAh gauge 3830 and the count down

I don't know man, I ran it to 1% and I landed for fear of it falling.

Today I looked at the batteries. The Mavic battery was dead completely. The external 5.2mAh MultiStar had 22% left in it.

I believe based on what I see I could have went all the way to 0% and it would have still flew on the External until nothing was left. I wish I took note of the Volta age. It keeps the voltage on the main view.

But yep, proven by airdata... no autoland.

I'll sell my setup for $2,000k with the one lihv 5.2 I have.

PayPal!

Reactions: chazz
Motor speed and discharge curve on the TP HV packs.

INdreZc.png

Had a good flight yesterday using a single 3000mah Zippy got 35mins flying to 10%!!
Motors were cool everything was good. I did try to keep at the same altitude for the duration of the flight,maybe 50meters so flew conservatively to get this figure. To be honest I was ready to come in after half hour anyway. I was using the goggles too.

Had a good flight yesterday using a single 3000mah Zippy got 35mins flying to 10%!!
Motors were cool everything was good. I did try to keep at the same altitude for the duration of the flight,maybe 50meters so flew conservatively to get this figure. To be honest I was ready to come in after half hour anyway. I was using the goggles too.
You have some airdata stuff to back this up? Sorry for being a pain but been flying mavic for a good while now.
I had a chance to fly with my direct mod yesterday. Oval patterns, 1.5km legs with average 50kph.
Main mavic battery (not the best one but good enough) plus single 3000 lihv multistar. After flight both drained to 10.48v and "only" 25 mins of flighttime.
Those zippy's might be miracle batteries?!

not saying you have any reason to lie but I am skeptical about this claim, the Zippys are not magic batteries. And assuming you only had it packed a 4.20, it makes no sense that you would be able to get 35 minutes and land at 10%,if I flew to Zippy 3000 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get 35 minutes

What was your speed? Were you flying with obstacle avoidance on?

I've had some ridiculous numbers with OA on but that doesn't translate well when flying in GPS-mode.

Speed was a steady 30kmh. Obstacle avoidance off, GPSmode. Remember that those multistar are only 10c whereas the Zippy's are 20c. The multistars voltage will SAG much quicker than the zippy's therefore resulting in less duration.
Remember that every tiny throttle input you make all gets deducted from the final flightime!!!

Reactions: Soft7
Speed was a steady 30kmh.

That's 18.6mph. Yeah you will see crazy times. Try it flying 48kmh.

For comparison, I did a test a long time ago using dual 1700mAh 8C packs.
I flew with obstacle avoidance on by accident at first and got 27:54 to 24%.

With OA off, I flew 20:56 to 31%.

The multistar batteries may "only" be 10C but that's 30-40A constant discharge. Also, let's not forget that if you're running the DJI battery plus 2 externals you're dividing the load of the motors/esc across ALL of the cells. So that 10C battery hardly being worked at all now. Hence the reason why the DJI battery runs much cooler when also running externals.

Looking at my last 8.2mi flight with 2x MS 4.0s, I never once went above 10A during the entire flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
That seems to be the common misunderstanding when it comes to C- rates. Also another reson why we can get away with 16-18 awg wiring the mavic. If it pulls 20A that is a whole lot.
Different story when you do serious pitch pumps on 3d heli's.
Those show peaks well above 150A, for that you need 50c batteries.

Also, higher C rating means heavier battery. So you're really getting a double negative by using over-rated batteries. Whereas batteries of the same mAh and lower C will weigh less.

Test a 3600 mAh battery. Flew 480 ft POI At 240 feet, 20 mph for 34 minutes landed at 2%. The DJI Battery was off at time of landing. May attempt a long distance flight with two with these batteries in the future.

783c4cdf20de3d46bdc2aecf6b0ade67.jpg

b23de6859253757f6788d35fd1a76e90.jpg
b929cf52b7d438d1124bbc631924e59b.jpg

4bb36c8bb9799aec0c8a6b5aeb2c1b42.jpg

afb379ed92db3b36db194b4d534f5df7.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member