DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Did you bring your wires out the top or what?
Did you look at the pics in my original post with all the data?
PMyPhtN.jpg

I don't want to get to technical or electrical and be accused of going off topic when I'm just trying to help
I just wanted to let you know that I don't have a problem with you talking about whatever you want to because I do not own this forum and cannot tell you what to do but you must admit that the power supply thing got a little out of hand don't you think? And with that I'm done with all that.

I just checked my cell voltages after that last run and with the Mavic battery the cell voltages were 3.87 and both of the 3000mAh LiHV batteries show 3.86 cell voltages. To me that looks pretty good I guess.

Good points. If he ever shows up I would run whatever firmware he is on, that's not a problem now ;). I don't think the battery firmware would have this gross of a calculation deviance. But I digress since DJ is MIA.

To your remarks about metals and shortest path, I'm fully aware. I can't tell what wiring the Titans have but I can say that for my direct power mod I used 14AWG Superworm - 400 strands of solid copper wiring. I cut the main power leads inside the Mavic and soldered everything together. No jumper wires. So all leads have a direct path and meet at the same point. We did have some phenomenon in the past where a couple guys were getting stunning results with a certain pack and nobody else could duplicate. We got into checking internal resistance of cells, etc. That person even sent me his actual battery and I could not produce the same result. It was never solved.

Just to make sure, you didn't have you side saddle 3D printed battery holder on during the flight?
How far the saddle sticks out I'm guessing it changes the air flow some, but can't say how much without air tunnel testing.

Just to make sure, you didn't have you side saddle 3D printed battery holder on during the flight?
How far the saddle sticks out I'm guessing it changes the air flow some, but can't say how much without air tunnel testing.

I don't use a saddle. And unless you're flying with a 1ft wall, the efficiency really doesn't take that much of a hit. The aerodynamic affects of batteries have negligible impact.

No problems flying this pig 11+ miles!
91df65707052baba82f1998db3aa0d4c.jpg

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
I just wanted to let you know that I don't have a problem with you talking about whatever you want to because I do not own this forum and cannot tell you what to do but you must admit that the power supply thing got a little out of hand don't you think? And with that I'm done with all that.
Out of hand I'm not sure about, I just made a comment on his picture and his post and offered another way. But it was about powering a charger, and not the charger charging the batteries so some could see it as slightly off topic. But I'm done with it also, we can move on.

To bad you don't want to try the titan on yours, I know you had compas and GPS issues but another data point would be helpful.
Then again if DJ never returns it might be all for nothing?

Last edited:
Where are you getting 18A from? Also, I don't have the actual measurement but I'm certain a stock Mavic with no extra batteries can pull over 22A. Also, the amperage is divided across the externals when they are in parallel. That's why my Airdata log shows my flight mostly below 10A with some peaks around 15A at times. I haven't put in the time to look into the actual log files but there is a field there which shows the Amps being pulled. That's how Airdata gets this info.
Simple as always. Strap a 350g battery on a mavic as dead weight and fly. Mavic flies between 11-13 mins on main battery. Draining 3500mAh in 12 mins average is average 18A.

I don't use a saddle. And unless you're flying with a 1ft wall, the efficiency really doesn't take that much of a hit. The aerodynamic affects of batteries have negligible impact.

No problems flying this pig 11+ miles!
91df65707052baba82f1998db3aa0d4c.jpg
Look like a big one for sure, but complete different when it comes to the thrust that one can produce over a mavic also.

As for your wireing it sounds like quality. But I've also seen things that look great and until I measure them with a meter able to read accurate and the smallest resistance like one of my 4 wire meters while checking the thermal heat on the wiring I can't say for sure. They looked great to the eye, and testing showed the problem. It's a different way of looking at it with test gear, but I know not everyone has this stuff also.

Simple as always. Strap a 350g battery on a mavic as dead weight and fly. Mavic flies between 11-13 mins on main battery. Draining 3500mAh in 12 mins average is average 18A.

OK here's amp draw from one of the Titan flights. I could do the same thing with a regular flight without bat to see stock amp draw. I just have to find a flight where I flew in GPS mode entirely...Or go for another flight. I'm tapped out for the day though.
fqD1rL8.jpg

Reactions: ggg
Anyone in this thread good with coding, programming?
The idea is to take the battery firmware from a mavic battery, and with a few changes implement it on a inspire 1 battery controller.
The few changes would be to bypass the extra mosfets since the inspire uses a 6S6P pack at a much higher voltage. Or maybe they can be used, depending on the li-ion pack its wired to.
Or I could bypass the ones not needed at a hardware level.
But I have a perfectly good inspire 1 controller/BMS/charger and this would allow a customer Li-Ion pack build with this controller running mavic battery firmware to fly a bird. Or maybe find an old phantom 2 battery for that controller instead?

Flight with only the li-ions and the firmware adjusted for the Li-Ion battery levels to use all the power from the pack. Just an idea, I can do hardware mods, and possibly flash it, just need someone to adjust the mavic battery firmware.
It's off topic, but not really. Just a place to ask who might have these skills to create a apple to orange comparison between battery types flying the mavic properly.
If you have the skill start a conversation with me, don't reply in the thread.
We can update the thread if it's a success later.

Ed209,

Have you tried testing the Titan battery on something else? Maybe a random RC motor with low current (under 10A) draw. Then test it with the other 1500mAh battery you have. If the results are similar to what you got with the Mavic, then perhaps the cells used in your Titan were lower quality.

I'm wondering if the people at Titan went with an alternative supplier for their batteries in order to meet the demand after the spike in interest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esmond