DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I have a question does it have to be 3 cell battery or can we use a 4 cell battery with the clip

Ed209,

Have you tried testing the Titan battery on something else? Maybe a random RC motor with low current (under 10A) draw. Then test it with the other 1500mAh battery you have. If the results are similar to what you got with the Mavic, then perhaps the cells used in your Titan were lower quality.

I'm wondering if the people at Titan went with an alternative supplier for their batteries in order to meet the demand after the spike in interest.

By testing TWO different Titan batteries and then following that up with a test of batteries that I've run before I'm pretty sure I eliminated any bad cells. I cant speak for Titans supply and manufacturing but I jumped and ordered the Titans the same day that DJ posted up just because I needed to see for myself. Knowing full well that these were most likely not going to perform. I flew despite compass errors and if they performed, I would fly them for distance despite the compass errors. I think I was ahead of the "rush" for all the people who ordered. I don't really think it was that many in actuality.

Btw I don't think 52min is possible just by plugging a Titan into a Mavic. As mentioned in the other thread, you'll need an Arduino nano to act as man in the middle to trick the Mavic BMS so that voltage cutoff is avoided or adjusted. I'm not sure if modifying flight parameters [emoji56] would be enough. Otherwise, you're leaving so much power "on the table" when the Mavic main battery is reporting that it's empty.

So I did a hover test today with 2 Zippy 1300mah batteries. I started with 96% on the mavic battery and and I hovered for 24:31 as you can see in the screenshot. When I uploaded the flight log to "Airdata UAV" it shows a much different story (see bottom pic) where it states that the flight was only 10:31 and that I landed with 62% battery left when I really landed with 13% battery and the flight time was 24:31.
Was the flight log just incomplete or is something else going on? Again this was only a hover test. I only took it up to around 3 feet.
Hover_Test01.jpg
Hover_Test02.jpg
Hover_Test03.jpg
Hover_Test04.jpg

Ok boys I finally figured out how to get the battery on here and hopefully it won't interfere with the compass or gps unit. I'll give it a run in the morning weather permitting. Keep your fingers crossed.

SAM_0139.JPG

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK and ggg
So I did a hover test today with 2 Zippy 1300mah batteries. I started with 96% on the mavic battery and and I hovered for 24:31 as you can see in the screenshot. When I uploaded the flight log to "Airdata UAV" it shows a much different story (see bottom pic) where it states that the flight was only 10:31 and that I landed with 62% battery left when I really landed with 13% battery and the flight time was 24:31.
Was the flight log just incomplete or is something else going on? Again this was only a hover test. I only took it up to around 3 feet.
View attachment 18441
View attachment 18442
View attachment 18443
View attachment 18445
Funny I got same thing yesterday....same flight in 3 files...strange ...short disconnections perhaps...

Take a look for yourself. Why didn't I run the battery all the way down you may ask? I saw what I needed to the first 10 minutes of flight. Airdata says I had a 22 minute battery. If you want me to do a solid run I can but something was getting into my signal is the reason I turned around. I doubt that it will make much difference anyway.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones - Titan 7000 Battery

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esmond