DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

As a few others have done read this thread back to front and also used it as reference. Great thread!!

Well, I think I have taken everything on board and just about to embark on a test flight, short runs and within sight- 200 mtrs or so- see how everything works.

I have opted for keeping the adapter on at all times, If there is an anomaly between batteries or power used then I may have to go the route of whoever soldered the adapter to the MP's terminals.

Loving the dual lock product- Amazing!!!

Well here's a few pics of my bird...

Got Lipo's on at the mo 2.2mAh - but did also purchase some larger 4.0 LiHV's, but see how we go with the Lipo's first

.View attachment 16861 View attachment 16861 View attachment 16862
Glad the thread was of some help to you and it looks like you got your bird all ready. Don't be afraid to take it on out there as it will(hopefully)come back. Have some fun with it and keep us all here posted as to how it turns out.

Reactions: Delta3
Glad the thread was of some help to you and it looks like you got your bird all ready. Don't be afraid to take it on out there as it will(hopefully)come back. Have some fun with it and keep us all here posted as to how it turns out.
Watcha

Yeah, did a flight not long after I posted this am, ever increasing triangles but never more than 800yds away. Live in a heavily wooded area so signal can drop pretty quickly. Not sure how to get to the post flight details.

What I did notice was that the motors were a lot noisier with the heavier load- could hear it from half a mile away, where as under normal circumstances barely 300 mtrs away and it's usually gone- quiet as a whisper and a lot of the time out of sight.

Had a problem detaching the XT60's , which in turn moved the XT60 Adapter out of place, which caused an arc- a combination of removing the Mavic battery- prior to removing the two Xt60's, the latter are not the easiest things to remove. But definitely in future, hold down the XT60 adapter and remove the battery XT60 leads first.

No damage done, just a slight 'flash' mark where it arced.

A 'heads up' on how to retrieve the flight data wouldn't go amiss :)

I thought you had a hard wire setup and a clip mod for three or four battery connectors?

Watcha

Yeah, did a flight not long after I posted this am, ever increasing triangles but never more than 800yds away. Live in a heavily wooded area so signal can drop pretty quickly. Not sure how to get to the post flight details.

What I did notice was that the motors were a lot noisier with the heavier load- could hear it from half a mile away, where as under normal circumstances barely 300 mtrs away and it's usually gone- quiet as a whisper and a lot of the time out of sight.

Had a problem detaching the XT60's , which in turn moved the XT60 Adapter out of place, which caused an arc- a combination of removing the Mavic battery- prior to removing the two Xt60's, the latter are not the easiest things to remove. But definitely in future, hold down the XT60 adapter and remove the battery XT60 leads first.

No damage done, just a slight 'flash' mark where it arced.

A 'heads up' on how to retrieve the flight data wouldn't go amiss :)
You always want to unplug your outboard batteries first and then turn off the bird.

So I can physically mod my Mavic's hardware and publicly talk about it, but not the software? This is getting silly. /Back on topic.

Yeah it does seem Hypocritical of the mods. They allow you to talk about whatever you wish when it comes to modding the bird, controller, batteries etc. but if you change the tilt angle parameters it's "hacking the firmware". lol.

But that's been beat to death and most of us left to other forums to discuss that part of it. Namely Facebook or Multicopter Forum.

Yeah it does seem Hypocritical of the mods. They allow you to talk about whatever you wish when it comes to modding the bird, controller, batteries etc. but if you change the tilt angle parameters it's "hacking the firmware". lol.

But that's been beat to death and most of us left to other forums to discuss that part of it. Namely Facebook or Multicopter Forum.

squadrone multirotor rc pilots is the one I go to on Facebook. It's pretty interesting.

All that for only 6 more minutes? Sorry but new to this hobby. Does 6 more minutes really help anything?

Ok so doing a modification is not for you. There may be a lot of people that are interested in the mod, you make it seem like he's doing something so wrong. you said your peace done.

Well I'm waiting on some bigger batteries to get here now so I can maybe do a little better. Just running 1300's right now but they do ok.

I'm trying to decide if in fact I want to make these mods. My main concern is the extra weight as well as over working the motors. Going from forum to forum trying to get a feel of what would be the most efficient mod to try. ..thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to decide if in fact I want to make these mods. My main concern is the extra weight as well as over working the motors. Going from forum to forum trying to get a feel of what would be the most efficient mod to try. ..thanks for your reply.

The motors/esc's are quite fine actually.
Ok, the people that do these mods are not really looking for a racing unit and S mode is used to fight headwind.
Really some guys (thanks @sprtbkrydr and @beanbubba ) had the great insight of soldering a battery clip to the pins.
Now this easily can be removed, just add heat!.
Or just try without solder to see if u like.

The motors/esc's are quite fine actually.
Ok, the people that do these mods are not really looking for a racing unit and S mode is used to fight headwind.
Really some guys (thanks @sprtbkrydr and @beanbubba ) had the great insight of soldering a battery clip to the pins.
Now this easily can be removed, just add heat!.
Or just try without solder to see if u like.

Yes I saw that one. .liked it too. A bit cleaner than some of the other mods. Didn't want to start drilling holes and dissembling the batteries ya no. ..looking for simular results but with efficiency as well as neatness. ...

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Yes I saw that one. .liked it too. A bit cleaner than some of the other mods. Didn't want to start drilling holes and dissembling the batteries ya no. ..looking for simular results but with efficiency as well as neatness. ...
I know what you're saying...many of us bit the bullet and cracked the mavic in several ways paving the way (some still do). I think you can look into this thread and see what you like best. Almost everything can be brought back to stock but some mods will cost more than others to undo and some might leave scars..

Reactions: BigMotor
I know what you're saying...many of us bit the bullet and cracked the mavic in several ways paving the way (some still do). I think you can look into this thread and see what you like best. Almost everything can be brought back to stock but some mods will cost more than others to undo and some might leave scars..

I'm feeling ya, I'm not gonna rush into it not just yet,,,gonna continue to search the different threads until I get comfortable with adventuring out into deeper waters..lol

Reactions: sprtbkrydr

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom