DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I am thinking about getting 20 or so feet of cable so I can put my antennas high in the air. what cables should I get that wont break the bank?

Thanks

and that cable is not cheap too :( any cable that is second best :) lol lol

how long max can I will that cable?

That depends on how much loss you can sustain the LMR 600 is about 4.4 dB per 100 if I recall correctly
The LMR 400 has higher loss

That depends on how much loss you can sustain the LMR 600 is about 4.4 dB per 100 if I recall correctly
The LMR 400 has higher loss

well I am thinking 20-25 feet of course I would use the 4 watt amps to help push it out :)

Even with LMR 400 you really should not notice much, and of course if your getting above the trees you will see better line of sight and a gain of distance of signal

I know a guy that uses 100 feet of LMR 600 with no issues and a 65 foot tower then he brings it in a building through a hole in the wall and has a room setup inside with a big tv to watch it all. He checks on his cattle every day this way.( weather permitting )

Last edited:
I know a guy that uses 100 feet of LMR 600 with no issues and a 65 foot tower then he brings it in a building through a hole in the wall and has a room setup inside with a big tv to watch it all. He checks on his cattle every day this way.

wow!!! ya I think 20-30 feet of the 400 should work fine and yes I want to get above the d*** trees..lol they are killing me! even more now with leaves :(

Hey efowler, yeah when i was flying with the original motors I pretty much did what mnoutdoors did with the rear covers and kept it under 1350 like beanbubba says and try to keep the batteries centered as much as possible and just accepted the the fact the motors are going to get warm. IDK if 5000 ft makes a noticeable difference. i'm at around 1000 and i'm ignoring the same errors your getting ;)... good luck man....
Thanks chazz. You say when you were flying with the original motors - have you replaced them? I saw your flight out to 59000 with three protec 3600s (that's why I have 3 protec 3600s) :). On that flight were you keeping your power below 80%? And were your motors warm or hot when your bird got back? I am thinking they might not get too hot while keeping your airspeed up but maybe it is more power related. But then again you had three batteries on where I only had two. Beanbubba has given me some ideas of how to keep from overheating the motors. What did mnoutdoors do with the rear covers?

wow!!! ya I think 20-30 feet of the 400 should work fine and yes I want to get above the d*** trees..lol they are killing me! even more now with leaves :(
quick question here - do you need to run two cables one for each of the outputs of you remote??

quick question here - do you need to run two cables one for each of the outputs of you remote??

yes cause one is video image signal and the other is remote controller signal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini