DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

The motor shouldn’t get that hot with a 3000 and 1800 battery. I can fly 42 minutes with two 4600 batteries with no issues. I am interested in how your Mavic is balanced with two different batteries on each side. I do fly with two different batteries sometimes, but I center them underneath the Mavic

skyninja, i see your trying 45C discharge rating, have you tried anything lower or higher?
(i picked 45c because in my opinion, the mavic feels like a quad flying a 45c 3s battery) with your 9200mah of extra power, how long is your flight time? how dead are your extra batteries and your dji battery? have you (or anyone else) measured each individual cell of each battery?

anyone know, or is it safe to assume the mavic uses a 45c battery? anyone know what the C rating is on the mavic? anyone taken the lipo out of a spare mavic pro battery and mounted that as a external second battery, ideally that should give you at least 10 more minutes... in theory maybe more. im my experience both in hobby robotics and in my 20 years in RC, i found running batteries in parallel should always be done with identical batteries. mixing will cause the average voltage of the cells to drop but using identical batteries will cause them to drain equally, rather than bringing one cell down to as an example if you use a 3s 2000 Mah battery with a 3s 3000Mah battery in parallel the 2000 mah battery will read approx 2.90volts per cell and the higher amperage 3000mah battery at 3.2 volts /cell. 9.6 volt on a 3s battery is not so bad for the battery, but bringing one down to 8.7 volts is really hard on it. and that C rating is important also.. these multistar batteries i keep hearing about are 10-12C, that sounds really low, my racequads Need a minimum of 65c discharge rate or the battery only lasts a few flights. and flying at say 35c battery you can feel the battery sag durring punch out.
i would think you would want the secondary battery if not a identical mavic battery to be at least a faster discharge rate than the original battery and have a higher amperage to keep up with the current draw of the copter. to eliminate the average voltage drooping too low from one battery being too low, while the other have more voltage, i would think 4 1000Mah 45c batteries would be ideal if you cant use a dji battery for the secondary battery.

Completed my thermal comparison test this past weekend, and I must say that I was not impressed with the IR gun I purchased. Because of inconsistent readings and the fact the gun has a accuracy of plus/minus 5°C, which is not good, I'm not going to post those results. I will wait til I can get a more accurate IR gun.

l have flown with high and low C rate battery and I feel the Mavic with a hard wired battery mod operate fine with a fairly even battery discharge rate between the stock and external batteries. I have batteries with C rating from 100 to 6C. Protek 100C, HobbyStar 100C, Hyperion 90C, Turnigy Nano-Tech 70C, LRP 45C, Hubsan 25C, Turnigy Multistar 10C and Thunder Power 6C.
I got about 42 mins fight time at 32mph flying with the two LRP 4600 45C batteries. The the stock battery ending voltage was 3.39. I checked the external batteries about a hour after the flight and as expected it was higher than the stock battery.

The Protek 3600 100C are my favorite battery. I started test about a year ago Mavic Pro Battery Mod Two of them are good for +50k ft flight, 39 mins.

SkyNinja. Have you had to replace any components on your mavic from the added weight the motors are supporting ?

SkyNinja. Have you had to replace any components on your mavic from the added weight the motors are supporting ?

No I have not had to replace any components on any of my Mavics. My first Mavic (littleninja) Is resting in Davie Jones locker at the bottom of the bay, due to coming up 1200 feet short on a long distance flight back in Oct. Purchased the second one last Oct And a third one in March. And have not had to replace any components on the two.

Wow, that's good. I've had the ESC board replaced in my first mavic after a few runs with dual Multistar 3000mah LiHV batteries attached. I recently purchased a 2nd mavic and have run it once with the dual 3000mah batteries. Thats why I was so interested in the results taken with the IR gun, to compare the 2 mavics. Sorry to hear about littleninja.
Happy flying.

Wow, that's good. I've had the ESC board replaced in my first mavic after a few runs with dual Multistar 3000mah LiHV batteries attached. I recently purchased a 2nd mavic and have run it once with the dual 3000mah batteries. Thats why I was so interested in the results taken with the IR gun, to compare the 2 mavics. Sorry to hear about littleninja.
Happy flying.

What was the outside temp when you were flying with with the two Muliti 3000?

At the time of the ESC board failure, I was hovering 3 ft. above my garage floor. It was windy and raining with temps at the time around 75-78°. I hovered for around 6 minutes or so, just long enough to drain the batteries some. I wanted to check voltage between the main and the externals to see how close they were to one another.

Hello,
A quick question, why wouldn't you use 2 batteries that has 6400mah each? Because of the weight? The higher the mah, the better, right?
And when can i see the right percentage of both batteries in total in dji go app? Seen some videos where people go to 0% and keep on flying because it only reads the original dji battery, not the total amount of mah (with the extern battery included)

Hello,
A quick question, why wouldn't you use 2 batteries that has 6400mah each? Because of the weight? The higher the mah, the better, right?
And when can i see the right percentage of both batteries in total in dji go app? Seen some videos where people go to 0% and keep on flying because it only reads the original dji battery, not the total amount of mah (with the extern battery included)

It's a balancing act, you want to have as much mAh as possible, but you also want to be as light as possible. I believe the max weight you can't fly without burning out your motors is 1400g.

Hi guys , what's the record till now ? Longest fly time ? Longest distance ?

this guy flew almost 18km (more than 58000 feets) just with 2x4200mah batteries. Can it be true?
He said that his batteries only weigh 550gr and there's no main battery.

this guy flew almost 18km (more than 58000 feets) just with 2x4200mah batteries. Can it be true?

yes it can be done. **Mick** and "Unknown Caller" both used 2X4000nAm batteries to fly the to the limit. Lolo used 2x4500 and I used 2X4600. Each battery usually weighs from 260g to about 290g.

1 - 59,278 ft - lolo780 - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# 2294 )
2 - 58,927 ft - SkyNinja - Battery Mod, Boosted MaxxRange (# 2778 )
3 - 58,919 ft - Unknown Caller - Battery Mod, Terminator Extreme (# )
4 - 58,904 ft - **mick** - Battery Mod, 14dBi Homemade Antenna (# 2763 )

Official Mavic Range Leaderboard

yes it can be done. **Mick** and "Unknown Caller" both used 2X4000nAm batteries to fly the to the limit. Lolo used 2x4500 and I used 2X4600. Each battery usually weighs from 260g to about 290g.

1 - 59,278 ft - lolo780 - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# 2294 )
2 - 58,927 ft - SkyNinja - Battery Mod, Boosted MaxxRange (# 2778 )
3 - 58,919 ft - Unknown Caller - Battery Mod, Terminator Extreme (# )
4 - 58,904 ft - **mick** - Battery Mod, 14dBi Homemade Antenna (# 2763 )

Official Mavic Range Leaderboard
He said that there was NO main battery

Oh, he would have had to made the bird really light, pretty much gutted it out. Like Lolo mp.

Hi

Trying to determine a couple of things and really confused at the moment. I am looking to purchase the quick release adaptor from uavmods as that seems to be of good quality and don't know any other better ones on the market.

However I would like to know what is the absolute best battery for extended flight time. Yes i have gone through all of this thread and a little confused on the best way to proceed this moment forward. Money is not the issue and just want the best quality and performance.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds

Look at the total voltage "13.23", it means the single cell is at voltage of 4.41 at least.
He over charge his battery which should be maximum 4.35.

Look at the total voltage "13.23", it means the single cell is at voltage of 4.41 at least.
He over charge his battery which should be maximum 4.35.
yeah , I have seen some people did the same

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet