DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro BMS bypass

onlyherefortheinfo

Reactions
Hello, I balanced one of my batteries to my mavic pro using a lipo cell balancer with no problems. I tried a new broken battery and did the same thing, unfortunately the battery seems bricked, and after fullly charging it and plugging it back in to the charger the #3 led flashes. By looking at the signal that the battery is giving me, it seems that there is an "over voltage". I'm not trusting that information, because when I check the cells, every one has from 4.25-4.32 each. When I check the voltages of the cells on the back of the bms board, I can only read one cell, but I can also read the main voltage of the battery.
It seems that the battery is bricked. I'm looking for some help, because I don't want to spend another 100$ for a new battery, if I can partially fix this one, or learn something at least.

Do you still have access to the connection board?
It's possible to measure cells voltages at those pcb, welding points are marked as B1-, B1+, ... B3-,B3+ accordingly. So it's easy to check.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

Do you still have access to the connection board?
It's possible to measure cells voltages at those pcb, welding points are marked as B1-, B1+, ... B3-,B3+ accordingly. So it's easy to check.

View attachment 107272
View attachment 107276
There is no problem with measuring them directly, there is no voltage on the board that I soldered the balance plugs to.

Following your post with interest, have you found any way of resetting the board, i.e. clearing its memory so that it can start afresh?

Yes, bms memory could be cleared using Texas Insruments ev2300 programming board and accompanying software.

It appears that the EV2300 costs more than a new battery.
I assume then there is no way of resetting the board by depowering the board manually?

Yes, power-on reset does not unlock the board as error flags are written directly to built-in EEPROM.
To avoid buying expensive ev2300 you could alternatively send your board to someone who have it like battery recelling workshops.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78