DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Controller Charging Incredibly Long

Amocat07

Reactions
I'm heading out for a 30 day motorcycle trip with the Mavic Pro. The portable charger for the flight battery works fine with the cigarette plug in on the bike but how do I charge the controller? At home, with a standard outlet, a controller can take up to 5 hours to recharge when starting at 50%. What's a guy to do on the road?

Hey! I'm a former motorcyclist.
At home I use a generic USB (phone) charger to charge my controller, and have one in my car for my phone (which also works for the RC).I also saw once a cig-plug charger that also had a female connector for a second cig-plug charger, so you could presumably charge simultaneously a flight battery and the RC. (Except I would be careful about overloading the circuitry on your bike; maybe better to charge each item separately.)
Consider also buying a cell phone battery power pack: charge that at night at the motel, and use it during the day to keep your RC fully charge in between flights.
Finally, I think most cig-plug chargers are (mostly) rain proof, but you might want to test that at home before starting out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky