DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro controller disconnect powercycle SOLVED

vinnybobdog

Reactions
First this is an awesome forum, I have red tons and learned tons. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Problem?

-Go app disconnects and cannot reconnect until remote controller is Powercycled.
-RC controller does however remain connected to mavic pro.
----Has happened since unit was purchased
----9/10 times happens on 3rd flight

Was unit in a crash?
Never. You can't tell the difference between it and a brand new unit. It has however been in the air for over 5hours and done over 50km

What have you tried so far?

--- Using different phones, Nexus 5x and Pixel 2 XL
---Using different go app versions
---Using different firmware versions
---Downgrading and upgrading firmware
---putting phone in aircraft mode
---using both usb connections on controller
----replacing USB cable

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?

Pixel 2 XL

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification?

No

Did you change anything or install any apps?

No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

No

I have DJI refresh but really wanted to get a summer out of this thing without having to send it back but I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

When searching for other people who have to power the RC controller to get things g kioing again I came up empty-handed anybody else experiencing the same thing would be great to hear from you and how you fixed it.

Thanks everyone!

I've had one or two incidents like this. Sometimes the RC gets glitched/frozen and requires a power cycle to recover.

That's DJI for you. Get used to it. :D

Hmmmm ok bummer.

To be clear I got the fly more bundle so every outing I fly 3 times. So everytime I go out this happens. Which is scary and a pain.

It just struck me as I wrote this that I have not tried powercycling the RC controller after every battery (which I currently do -not- do). Anyone else do that?

Hmmmm ok bummer.

To be clear I got the fly more bundle so every outing I fly 3 times. So everytime I go out this happens. Which is scary and a pain.

It just struck me as I wrote this that I have not tried powercycling the RC controller after every battery (which I currently do -not- do). Anyone else do that?
I dont do that, but maybe you just answered your own question. Try it the next time you fly, might be the trick to solving your problem.

Ok, thanks guys, as powercycling the controller after every flight (even if it were to fix the issue) doesnt seem to be something anyone else is doing I don't think its reasonable for me to have to do it. Going to reach out to DJI and start the process to RMA it. If anyone else has any other thoughts feel free to chime in. Thanks again!

SOLVED

After reading this:
DJI GO 4, Mavic Pro and Pixel 2

I enabled USB Debugging and I just had my first ever outing going through three batteries and had zero issues, flawless. As it is a security risk Ill be disabling it after I'm done flying. Also Ill report back here should the issue re-occur but this is looking good. Again the disconnect requiring a power cycle on the controller happened everytime I went out, then on the first outing with USB Debugging enabled and bam, perfect three flight session.

Instructions from that thread:
Enable developer mode on your phone (Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone then tap the Build number seven times. )
After you've done this, you'll have a new entry on the Settings -> System menu labeled Developer options, open that up
Scroll down to debugging, look for USB debugging, and turn it on.

Last edited:
I am glad you got it sorted. Are you saying that enabling Developer mode is a security risk, that is why you will disable it after you are done flying ? If i understand you correct, you dont need to worry, it is no risk. Have been using the developer mode since it was introduced on Android for years, and never had a problem.

I am glad you got it sorted. Are you saying that enabling Developer mode is a security risk, that is why you will disable it after you are done flying ? If i understand you correct, you dont need to worry, it is no risk. Have been using the developer mode since it was introduced on Android for years, and never had a problem.

Thanks yeah me too!

On the security risk it was specific to the USB Debugging option; although low, if the phone is lost a persons ability to unlock the device increases if USB Debugging enabled. As it's easy to toggle its just another quick item on my flight check list :)

Thanks yeah me too!

On the security risk it was specific to the USB Debugging option; although low, if the phone is lost a persons ability to unlock the device increases if USB Debugging enabled. As it's easy to toggle its just another quick item on my flight check list :)
Ok, thank you for clarifying that to me :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest