DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro / Crashed after take off

I sent the Mavic to DJI for review to exchange or repair. I have two batteries fully charged that I will not use until I get the drone back. Should I be working for the batteries been Full without use?

It still looks like you steered it yourself. I do see some odd rotation, but the movements seem to be consistent with the drone's movements. It does look like the IMU needed calibration, but the drone was responsive to your inputs and you directed it to the wall. The drone was holding steady without your stick inputs, even if it was yawing back and forth.

It still looks like you steered it yourself. I do see some odd rotation, but the movements seem to be consistent with the drone's movements. It does look like the IMU needed calibration, but the drone was responsive to your inputs and you directed it to the wall. The drone was holding steady without your stick inputs, even if it was yawing back and forth.
Thanks, It was making crazy moveremos right after taking off

We're the right props installed in the right spot? Did you have heavy winds or added weight on the MP? Did you calibrate compass, imu, and controls sticks ?

Thanks, It was making crazy moveremos right after taking off
I saw it slowly increasing altitude and constantly panning back and forth favoring a clockwise pan. But the drone was only ever slightly drifting back and forth, which is normal, until it began receiving commands You pushed you Aileron to the left so the drone began a leftward motion. You pushed only a little on your Elevator and played with the rudder as well. I see the drone responding accordingly to all those inputs. I'd say the panning was the real issue.

We're the right props installed in the right spot? Did you have heavy winds or added weight on the MP? Did you calibrate compass, imu, and controls sticks ?
You literally can't install the wrong props onto the Mavic, as for the rest of the topic, it's already covered.

One time when i started it up on the bed cover of my truck it did like ur saying. It basically acted as if gps was off entirely and i had to use all skill to keep it steady by working the sticks hard. Once i landed and reset on the ground it never occured again. This was after that screwy update too

Reactions: facasi
@facasi , @Cyberpower678 there is another possibility that should be considered. The erratic flight could have been the result of launching from a geomagnetically distorted site. Right after launch and before any stick input there was some rotation. This is what happens when the compass values are incorrect because of ferrous material at the launch site. After the Mavic has enough altitude to be clear of the geomagnetic distortion it will begin yawing to try and correct itself.
upload_2017-4-22_9-25-43.png
What's unusual about this incident is that the yawing doesn't start until a height of 5.9 meters. Usually the uncommanded yawing will start much lower because the distortion is caused by something in the ground. Was the launch next to a structure with iron or steel?

When you get the Mavic back it may still have the .DAT. If it does you could retrieve it and we could have a look.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
@BudWalker Great analisys, you described the event exactly as it happened. The only moment that I tried to control the aircraft was right after noticing the erratics movements.

The lauch area was the roof of a 4 floors apartment building. All sourrounded material are concrete; no visible metal structures around the lauch area on this building.

@BudWalker Great analisys,.
I can't really help with the analysis as I'm very much a novice , but one thing I know from working on concrete structures they contain huge amounts of steel with the upper most steel mesh probably between 30 and 50 mm below the surface .

Hello,

Today I flew my mavic twice without any issue. On the third one the Mavic took off and started to fly like crazy and crashed in a wall, everything happened in no more than 25 seconds. No mayor damages, only the left back leg is a little bit off.

What could cause this crash? Everything was fine before taking off, Satellites, GPS.. Also I was an auto take off.

I was going through the latest posts, check this out...New software updates

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs