DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro disconnect issues - DJI Support useless

drojas7

Reactions
Hey all,

New here to drone flying and the Mavic Pro is my first one. I've been flying R/C Airplanes for awhile.

I just bought the Mavic Pro from BestBuy a week ago and have taken it out flying half a dozen times already. I've been experiencing issues with it disconnecting the video feed, and several times it's disconnected from the Tx completely, forcing a RTH. This even happened once indoors when I was testing the connection with the DJI Go 4 app. I had a firm grip on the underside of it when it disconnected, which forced it to increase thrust to try and reach the RTH altitude... I couldn't shut it off for the life of me, until it finally reconnected and I could power off the props. That was kinda freaky.

I'm wondering if anyone has had these issues and could provide guidance? I'm using a Nexus 6P with the latest version of Android as well as the DJI Go 4 app. Customer Support was extremely unhelpful and told me to use a different phone. Why would I spend $1000 on a drone, only to be told to go spend another ~$500 on a "tested device"?!

Anyways, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's too inconsistent to really enjoy.

Thanks in advance!

What is the return policy at BB?

Make sure you have the device in aeroplane mode to help eliminate any interference with signal.

BestBuy's return policy is 14 days, but they also have a 15% restocking fee. They might not charge that for an exchange though.

I was having the same problem with my IPhone 6s, even while using different lightning USB cables.Very frustrating !!!! Problem solved after downloading the new firmware . Since then I have flown around fifty times with no issues .

Change USB cables.
Try the lower port on the controller.
Use airplane mode on your smartphone/smartdevice.
Check the signal graph and make sure its not in reds.
What country are you in?? Maybe CE transmission laws.

Just found this online; gonna give it a shot. He describes pretty much exactly what is going on.:

Will the next Mavic come with some new fandangled remote control using different software?

Problem is with DJI programming more than with your device.

Try another one but my guess is that you will have the same issue.

In this light 15% loss is pretty good.

Well, it seems that might have been the issue (the phone or the cable). I just went around my whole neighborhood (at a low flight level and walking behind it) using an iPhone SE. No interference issues at all. No disconnections with either video or the Tx. Next test will be to use my Nexus 6P with a new cable.

I wouldnt put all my weight on this vid.
Chances are it could fix your problem as it does happen a lot but my experience was with updates that caused this issue. Whether the update conflicted with the side port im not sure but to regain control 100% of the time i did not mess with cable rather unwound DJI crappy FW updates.
Not had a single disconnect since about 4 months.
Hope you get it sorted. Also the key culprit for disco is aeroplane mode not on.

It's working perfectly now. The issue isn't the firmware based on my troubleshooting so far, but rather then poorly designed DJI USB-C cable that came with it and/or the side port. I'll need to do more testing to confirm.

I'm curious, why do you say airplane mode will help?

Seems to prevent signal interference from wifi broadcasts/searches from your device and possibly phone frequencies.
Not sure which one.

Both operate at 2.4GHz band; I'm not an expert, but I thought devices using that band hop between channels depending on clarity of the signal?

Hey all,

New here to drone flying and the Mavic Pro is my first one. I've been flying R/C Airplanes for awhile.

I just bought the Mavic Pro from BestBuy a week ago and have taken it out flying half a dozen times already. I've been experiencing issues with it disconnecting the video feed, and several times it's disconnected from the Tx completely, forcing a RTH. This even happened once indoors when I was testing the connection with the DJI Go 4 app. I had a firm grip on the underside of it when it disconnected, which forced it to increase thrust to try and reach the RTH altitude... I couldn't shut it off for the life of me, until it finally reconnected and I could power off the props. That was kinda freaky.

I'm wondering if anyone has had these issues and could provide guidance? I'm using a Nexus 6P with the latest version of Android as well as the DJI Go 4 app. Customer Support was extremely unhelpful and told me to use a different phone. Why would I spend $1000 on a drone, only to be told to go spend another ~$500 on a "tested device"?!

Anyways, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's too inconsistent to really enjoy.

Thanks in advance!
I have the same issue and I have a Galaxy S7 phone. It seems to be solved by putting the phone in flight mode. As soon as I exit flight mode i get the disconnect error.
It also seems that connecting the RC to the phone with your phone usb cable could help. But with some instability left though. It seems to me that the Mavic included flat/black usb cable is not very well shielded and thus takes interference signals from the phone when not in flight mode. Phone's usb cable is supposingly better shielded.

So - enter into flight mode, kill active apps - and fly safe [emoji2]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada