DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Dji Repair

King of kings

Reactions
I sent my Mavic in for repair to Dji after it nose dived to the ground after running the latest update.

So far UPS state it was delivered and signed for by Dji in the Netherlands Yesterday 15/12/2016.

As of yet Dji's check the repair status still shows as waiting as to be received. Anyone have any experience of how long it took for it to show on Dji's system as received after UPS stated delivered?

I intend to document the whole process once complete to help others that may need to send on their Mavic for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes, mine has just been shipped from DJI NL after a repair. Overall, they've been extremely quick (5 day turnaround) but there was a delay before it showed as received. It was about 1.5 days before it updated, even though I knew it had been signed for. What you should find though is things will be very speedy once the timeline updates for the first time.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: RallySoob
It was between 4 and 5 days after it was signed for. To be honest, you might struggle to get it back before Christmas though.

That's ok I'm hosting my first ever Christmas, the inlaws are over.... shall have no time to play with any of my toys [emoji19] lol

I had my case accepted on November 29. Was able to send it off via local UPS store on November 30. DJI recieved it on December 10. 31 minutes after they recieved it, they assessed it as "Free of Charge, under warranty." The repair and quality testing took them 4 days, and they shipped it back to me on the 14th. It's on its way now, and is expected back here on December 19th.

This is from Illinois (where I am) to Carson, CA (their location) and back.

Yes, they seem to have really upped their game, compared to a couple of years ago when you would be waiting week after week. Mind you, mines not back yet so the jury is still out until I test that bloody camera!

No1much thanks for the information, did you have to send to Netherlands from USA?
Nope. Sent to California from Illinois, both within the U.S.

Reactions: Rich Hudman
I have to say, I'm impressed, despite all the issues. I got a call from DJI today wanting to know if I got the 2 day shipping label. I couldn't believe they called me to check into that.

Since I broke into the new bird that I was going to sell, everything has been perfect with that one. DJI seems to be doing a great job of support though.

I sent my Mavic in for repair to Dji after it nose dived to the ground after running the latest update.

So far UPS state it was delivered and signed for by Dji in the Netherlands Yesterday 15/12/2016.

As of yet Dji's check the repair status still shows as waiting as to be received. Anyone have any experience of how long it took for it to show on Dji's system as received after UPS stated delivered?

I intend to document the whole process once complete to help others that may need to send on their Mavic for repair.

DJI absolutely SUCKS in the repair & replacement department. Mine had the defective gimbal that produced wavy lines... It took me two days just to get authorization to send it back to them. I made a big rant in this forum about how much their customer service sucked. I posted on their facebook page on how bad it was to treat a customer to waited a month to get the darn mavic, only to have it defective and have to return it and get in line to get another one. Absolutely unacceptable. I had a iPhone 7 Plus that showed up defective on launch day --- iPhone 7 plus impossible to get -- called apple.... They were responsible enough to have extra units to replace DOAs... I had a brand new phone the very next day. I hadn't even had an opportunity to send the defective one back yet.

Anyway -- my real reason for replying to your post ---- these idiots at DJI have had my defective Mavic since 2:13PM PST on 12/13. Today is 2:35PM EST on 12/17 and these morons haven't even "logged it in" to the system yet. Their web site shows my case number as "awaiting unit".

Since 12/14, I chat with these people 2 times a day and I call them twice a day and demand to talk to a supervisor. They are pulling the same DJI line..... stall, stall, lie and deny. They assure me that I'm a "very high priority" but they have (and I'm not kidding here) "pallets and pallets" or returns every day that have to be gone through. Pallets and Pallets??? When you produce a defective product and have someone's money it should be the very very very top priority to replace the defective unit.

Anyway, I have filed a claim with Newegg against them and just to piss them off and make myself feel good I might just file a small claims court lawsuit -- just so they have to spend money to defend against it. It'll only cost me $20 to file. I'm that pissed off that these people have my $1300 for a Fly More package and I've been able to use it once due to their incompetence delivering a defective product and not providing any remedy.

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm impressed, despite all the issues. I got a call from DJI today wanting to know if I got the 2 day shipping label. I couldn't believe they called me to check into that.

Since I broke into the new bird that I was going to sell, everything has been perfect with that one. DJI seems to be doing a great job of support though.
See, this is what I mean.... my unit was DEFECTIVE and these jerks at DJI send me a slow-boat UPS ground label, which took 6 days to get back to California... How did you get a 2-day label? They still haven't even checked it into their system after 5 days.

Last edited:
Have to say my experience has been the polar opposite of yours. Fast, efficient and great communication. Must be different levels of service in different regions. On another note, you Americans are so funny with your law suits!

I'll update once I know more, hopefully Dji book the device in on Monday. That would be a two working days they have had the device.

Have to say my experience has been the polar opposite of yours. Fast, efficient and great communication. Must be different levels of service in different regions. On another note, you Americans are so funny with your law suits!

Don't think it is a region thing, I have only heard good things about the turn around in the US as well other locations with regards to the Mavic.

Good! Mines due back Wednesday so I suppose the jury's still out until I've actually tested it. But, assuming it actually is fixed/replaced I'm impressed too. I've got a feeling that they might have replaced the whole thing as according to the timeline the flight test and subsequent quality check took all of 10 minutes!

Reactions: beerleo
Looking forward ot getting my Mavic back today... even if it is too cold to fly, probably, at -10.

Looking forward to seeing how it works with new firmware, a fixed gimbal, a fixed battery, and the new microSDXC card I got. Even getting a second battery from a family member as a birthday present, so this should be fun when it's all set up again.

Didn't have to pay a thing here, since my Mavic's under warranty. I got a bill (Proforma Invoice on the Case Details page) that came to $68 ($65 for one hour of damage assessment, and $3 for the gimbal parts) but the toatl was listed as $0, and the progress inquiry for my case number showed the price as "Free of Charge (warranty)."

Reactions: jerryflah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk