DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Factory Battery Controller Mod

I understand the LiPo XT 60 connector
But
Your using a 4s balance connector with one wire pulled or a 4s / 3s modified connector.
and
Your plunging the female 4s / 3s modified connector into the male 4s battery connector.

Yeah I'll be able to test a 4s or 3s with this.

Did another one of these. This time without the jumpers. On/Off switch seems to work. No percentage or mah reading but it does have single cell voltage on the main screen which is what I do need. The other I have with the jumpers gives me a false mah and percent reading and single cell voltage. So as long as the program doesn't force me to land because of 0% like the phantom 3 does I think this should work for what i need. I guess we'll see.

View attachment 32437

OK, finally got around to mod'ing the after market battery controller. Nothing works right. I have been down this rabbit hole and not sure I will continue. Nothing works if the balance cable is plugged in. You can connect the main power and it immediately powers up the bird (the on/off switch does not work as expected).

Didn't a new guy say he figured this out month or two ago?
dronemods-2018-242.png dronemods-2018-241.png dronemods-2018-240.png

dronemods-2018-245.png dronemods-2018-244.png dronemods-2018-243.png

I connected the battery to my external battery port, then connected the balance cable to the controller. After you power on the controller, I get this readout:

dronemods-2018-248.png dronemods-2018-247.png dronemods-2018-246.png

OK, had a small break thru (kind of).

If I power the bird up with an external battery and nothing else, then attach the controller (with attached power/balance cable from s second battery), then controller works perfectly. But you have to maintain an external battery for it to work.

You can actually power off the bird from the controller (while the external battery is still connected). How the heck is this possible??

So, this mod is not perfect, but still useful for some applications.

PS - if you do this mod, the balance cable pin order is mandatory or you get very strange behavior.

dronemods-2018-251.png
dronemods-2018-250.png dronemods-2018-249.png

Reactions: SergeyCrypto
Dear All!

How long does a modification has already gonne ?
How much time the dji mavic pro has flight ??
What is the record on time of flight for now and where can i see the mod ?

Thanks

Paulo

I opened up the other knock-off battery and it had a surprise inside. Anyone have a clue what this extra electronic part is??

dronemods-2018-260.png dronemods-2018-259.png dronemods-2018-258.png

Subscribed!

Hi guys, any progress on this?

Yes, in another related thread, we found that the second off-brand battery (with the LED's that are triangles instead of circles) works perfectly and predictably.

Mavic Pro Motor Mod
Starting at Post#393, and note post#411.

Take note that we have abandoned trying to use anything but the balance cable to monitor voltage. There are too many pitfalls trying to pass a battery through the controller main power cables.

Yes, in another related thread, we found that the second off-brand battery (with the LED's that are triangles instead of circles) works perfectly and predictably.

Mavic Pro Motor Mod
Starting at Post#393, and note post#411.

Take note that we have abandoned trying to use anything but the balance cable to monitor voltage. There are too many pitfalls trying to pass a battery through the controller main power cables.

Thank you Beanbubba, I appreciate the update, and that's exciting news

Hello I have a few batterys with bad cells and a few batteries (mavic pro) with locked ic I'm wondering if I balance both batterys could I unplug bad cells and plug in good cells or will it lock up I read this thread that if you unsoder pos first then balance and the reverse order when installing it should work I really don't want to lock up any more or would I be better off keeping circuit powered through another lipo thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom