DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Factory Battery Controller Mod

i believe it came today just as i was leaving for work; small brown box with printed copy paper labels? was not able to open anything as was literally walking out the door to get in the car and leave.

Have you had any luck deciphering the battery communication protocol?

I started a new thread where I will post a series of mavic radio observation videos to have in a common place for radio related test results and reference material. This is not meant to replace this thread, just an FYI for you to find additional information on the topic:

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

Have you had any luck deciphering the battery communication protocol?

no i've been working and trying to figure out why i am getting a battery status error after a crash on my mavic even though the battery and the cell voltages are reporting as they should in the app

I just received my aftermarket battery from china. It was in an unmarked box, no packing material or documentation. Not sure what I want to test first. Any requests?
I haven't opened it up yet, but flew several flights and if you were a laymen, you probably wouldn't know it was after market.

dronemods-2018-019.png

Reactions: lolo780
Does it show data like the DJI battery? mAh looks normal?

The manufacturer can probably source the exact same 3830mAh cells as the original.
All telemetry appears normal in the Go4 app. But I have not done any serious data analysis to see if it is valid or not.

All telemetry appears normal in the Go4 app. But I have not done any serious data analysis to see if it is valid or not.
If you have time, please do 2 identical flights and test against a stock DJI batt.

Yeah I think that shows voltage and temp.
.dat files would be the best as you can graph volts, amps, temp etc nicely. Higher battery temp on the same draw would indicate higher internal resistance.

Would be funny if these batteries outperform the DJI offering.

Yeah I think that shows voltage and temp.
.dat files would be the best as you can graph volts, amps, temp etc nicely. Higher battery temp on the same draw would indicate higher internal resistance.

Would be funny if these batteries outperform the DJI offering.

2 flights with identical distance, flight time, weather, speed, flight path.

Factory battery:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

After market battery:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Did another one of these. This time without the jumpers. On/Off switch seems to work. No percentage or mah reading but it does have single cell voltage on the main screen which is what I do need. The other I have with the jumpers gives me a false mah and percent reading and single cell voltage. So as long as the program doesn't force me to land because of 0% like the phantom 3 does I think this should work for what i need. I guess we'll see.

IMG_6757.JPG

Reactions: mavicpro1000
Ive been waiting ages for someone to do this. This mod means you can use almost any batt that will fit in your Mavic and perhaps fly allday! Of course the trade off is losing the batt% which is quite annoying but at least youve got the single cell readout. I would presume a turnaround voltage of 3.85v as being half, or 50%. Get this bit wrong and its go for a walk time. Its time to get dremmelling!

Did another one of these. This time without the jumpers. On/Off switch seems to work.
I understand the LiPo XT 60 connector
But
Your using a 4s balance connector with one wire pulled or a 4s / 3s modified connector.
and
Your plunging the female 4s / 3s modified connector into the male 4s battery connector.

Attachments

• 3s 2s.jpg
    3s 2s.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member