DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018)

.. and these are ...? Please elaborate.
Thanks Keule. I have solved some by reinstalling DJI4 on my mobile. I have to test it in flight - later to day, to be sure. Compass and IMU signals show normal. However, the Gimbal refuses the NISI filters that I used without problems before the update. I have tried to solve it by recalibrating the gimbal with a filter on - failed. It is strange that a filter that did work before the firmware update does not after update. Can you suggest a solution ?

Thanks Keule. I have solved some by reinstalling DJI4 on my mobile. I have to test it in flight - later to day, to be sure. Compass and IMU signals show normal. However, the Gimbal refuses the NISI filters that I used without problems before the update. I have tried to solve it by recalibrating the gimbal with a filter on - failed. It is strange that a filter that did work before the firmware update does not after update. Can you suggest a solution ?
.. and these are ...? Please elaborate.
I think I have solved the filter problem. Recalibrated gimbal without filter - put filter on - works fine. I´ll fly when wind goes down tonight - contact again if still some problems (frozen screen, loss of contact as yesterday)

I was just about to update from *.0300 when I found this thread. I have no issues per se in upgrading but there does seem to be quite a few people having issues so I will put up with the nag message for a while longer. I am a complete novice with 5 flights under my belt and my aircraft is as stable as a rock. I will update as soon as I know my Mavic well enough to detect any changes with the firmware upgrade.
FWIW - as soon as saw the message "Optimised the propulsion system performance" and no further details, I smelt a rat. It is just the sort of thing that would entice people to update which is obviously what DJI want. Maybe I am being too suspicious :)

With the update I no longer get motor current error warnings while flying my MPP. Maybe do to the optimized propulsion system? For that alone it’s worth it to me.

Oh man.
It seems I'm quite late to the party as I'm not an experienced droner.
I updated to aircraft firmware 01.04.0400 a few days ago because I was prompt to do so by the app.
Since then I flew once and the screen went completely nuts (see attached). I think it's because my phone (OnePlus3) is not supported (even though I had no problem using it for almost a year). I was told I need to downgrade the firmware. How can I do that? Is it true what it says here that the firmware cannot be downgraded? So basically I'm screwed now until they add Oneplus 3 to the latest firmware or I get a new phone?

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-08-07-22h16m06s739.png
    vlcsnap-2018-08-07-22h16m06s739.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 76
3rd flight: All okey at first, but then the DJI app on my phone told me it has lost the connection with the drone. The remote looked fine and I was still able to control the drone with it. I tried to reboot the app, that didn't worked. I tried to disconnect the cable from the phone to the remote, but no results either. The only way for me to fix this was again to I land the drone and reboot both the drone & remote, then the app connected again. Also note that I use a after market good quality cable to connect my phone to the remote and not the original flaky provided one. I never had disconnection problem before like this too. First time ever!

I have exactly the same issue with a previous ver. of firmware. Sometimes it disconnects from my Google Pxel 2 while in flight. Connection to friend's iPhone is more reliable in my case. I hoped that 0400 update would fix that issue, will see.

For the most part it's been ok for me. I am still on the 4.2.22 app version (I didn't update the app 2 weeks ago, also the new update that was released today)
I did take off a few days ago and the MP seemed to have a life of it's own, but briefly. I was about 25 ft off the ground and it did a slow yaw and drifting off to the left. I didn't have my hand on any controls. (Full GPS, 15 Sats. everything looked ok)

After seeing this I quickly landed, shut down. Restarted and it was fine. Just odd, not sure what that was about.

Reactions: Huo
Does anyone try to clear cashe and reinstall app? Surprisingly many app on Android can go haywire after update. Clear cashe, uninstall , install again can sort that behavior surprisingly often

OK, if my Mavic Pro (Alpine) is working fine on the old firmware, why would I want or need to upgrade? Some of the above stories give one the hebbie jeebies!

Just update my mavic 2 pro
Now my two tablets will not connect to go4 model responses to stick inputs iPad connects fine but not
Nivda k1 and my medapad t3 I get the same on all my models now
Spark
Mavic air
Any help please

Yes after updating it said it was all good. Then when about to fly it said some components required updating okay. Then it had a message about a second cumpus.

Foolishly I figured everything was okay.

Flight was going fine an d then when about to land it just shot off and I never saw it again? I tried to pause it and to RTH. The video feed also cut out when it shoot off.

Updated with no issues. Went flying today for the first time with new firmware and latest DJIGo4 for iOS. When I powered my MPP up I got a strange message twice... something about multiple compasses or words to that effect... quit the DJI app, started again.. everything was fine... MPP hovered in place... took some panoramas, and landed manually... no issue... but to be cautious stayed close to my landing point. Looked at the log tonight and those errors are not in the log.. but my stopping the app and restarting might have been the problem there..so no idea what happened, and wish I could have captured exactly the language of the error. Anyone gotten an error that sounds vaguely like what I saw... it had a yellow icon.. not red.

Thanks..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi