DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018)

Updated today. Ran four batteries, not one problem (flew great).
Every update...... I hope astroid is included for MP quick shot.
Upgraded with no problems at all. Problem is that I can't fly my Mavic now as I keep getting lost connection and don't want to risk losing the Drone if RTH fails to kick in. Waiting on a possible update to this update. Will stick with my P4P until something is done about it.

Everyone please take note:

"Once the firmware has been updated, it can not be downgraded to a previous version."

"Please not that firmware update may reset various Main controller setting such as RTH Altitude, and maximum flight distance to factory defaults."

I would recheck ALL my settings after the update.
Part of my pre-flight check is to run through all of those screen settings to ensure they are where I want them for that specific flight.

Reactions: Former Member
Thats a textbook preparation. If everyone did as you do, there would be far fewer incidents and a whole lot more safe, enjoyable flight time.

Its hard enough to get people to even read the manual yet alone spend 15 seconds before a flight checking it works.
Check out the number of "my drone flew away" posts lately where they took off with no or a very weak GPS lock.

Thats a textbook preparation. If everyone did as you do, there would be far fewer incidents and a whole lot more safe, enjoyable flight time.
That's because initially I started out working towards my Sport Pilot ticket, then I switched to Private Pilot. Bad shoulder injury/surgery/rehab knocked that out from underneath me, but old habits die hard.

If the old habits were good habits, nothing wrong with preserving them. Full scale pilots are familiar with the cumbersome and necessary preflight preparation, so the transition to remote piloting is easier transition for them (us).
I totally hear you on that. I am also rather cautious about where I fly - terrain, winds, ceiling, obstructions, etc., and I always, always, ALWAYS have an exit strategy to get the bird back. Not that it might always be successful, since you know a plan is only good until it's executed. :) But I'm thinking about it.

That's because initially I started out working towards my Sport Pilot ticket, then I switched to Private Pilot. Bad shoulder injury/surgery/rehab knocked that out from underneath me, but old habits die hard.

Hello fellow cat lover, I have four, Ragdolls and Himalayan. Hope you regain your health and can restart PP training. It is almost never too late. I am 83, flew gyrocopters 50 years ago and at 63 decided to fly real planes. Iv'e flown my turbo T210L to all the 48 plus Canada and the Bahamas. Now my health is sliding. May have to satisfy my aviation itch with the Mavic. Yes preflight and planning are a must. We pilots think ahead.

Back on thread. No flight problems with the 01.04.0400 firmware update on DJI GO 4 (.20) and Litchi. Nvidia Shield K1. DJIGO4 does have intermittent video lag and pixel problems while panning with both screen and SD recording on. Litchi of course handles both recording.

Last edited:
Hello fellow cat lover, I have four, Ragdolls and Himalayan. Hope you regain your health and can restart PP training. It is almost never too late. I am 83, flew gyrocopters 50 years ago and at 63 decided to fly real planes. Iv'e flown my turbo T210L to all the 48 plus Canada and the Bahamas. Now my health is sliding. May have to satisfy my aviation itch with the Mavic. Yes preflight and planning are a must. We pilots think ahead.
Howdy! I have three rotten rescues who run my life. Eventually I will get back into getting my PPL. I'm fully recovered now. I need to find a CFI. My last one didn't respect my time. I also have to decide if I want to fly out of KFME, or W00. I actually soloed at KFME, so there are good associations there.

Reactions: bbooty
Fly Away Update: It has been a week since I lost my Mavic Pro. Today my son took the co-ordinates from the find my drone function and found it under some power lines. It wasn't the drone, it was the operator. The Mavic hit a power line and fell into a pine tree and then onto the ground. Camera torn off and laying beside it and one broken propeller.

I am really glad that it was my error as it re-establishes my faith in my beloved Mavic. Off to the repair shop.

Happy endings are the best endings!!
Also, we appreciate your candor in owning up to 'Operator Error' being the issue. As much as we'd rather accuse the machine to be at fault, it serves a larger purpose to the Mavic community to know what really happened. And it's probably better for your own self-healing.

Thanks for the update.

Reactions: conchman and nev..
I only wish that the luddites and nervous nancies that never update their firmware would keep their posts out of a thread about those who are looking to or have already updated to the latest version.

Please keep your fud from cluttering and impeding threads that may help those who may need it...

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11