DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018)

Don't understand why U say this.
I updated to latest..400 via Assistant2 and no problems but on Assistant2 it still shows that I can downgrade to .300 and even shows and lists two version below that as well. As well as .400 refresh.
I even tried on just the RC and was able to downgrade from .400 to .300 and back to .400 no problem.

I didnt say it, DJI did.

Reactions: Rayearth
Will this update/fix the USB problems with some phones such as Nexus 6?
(It became unresponsive during a test flight, hovered itself on the street and a neighbor came within inches of crashing into it.)

Attention to all DJI Mavic Pro Platinum owners, I don't know if this issues has anything to do with the update, so here it is. I can't calibrate the IMU now... When I fold the front legs the MPP goes into a Compass Calibration error. But when I unfold the front legs the ERROR goes away. As soon as I fold them the error displays. The error says Compass Calibration is needed and try another location and also something about interference and try another locations. Bottom line: I can't do a IMU calibration.
What happens when you attempt to start the IMU calibration?

Reactions: Balko
Last edited:
Reactions: Rayearth
Attention to all DJI Mavic Pro Platinum owners, I don't know if this issues has anything to do with the update, so here it is. I can't calibrate the IMU now... When I fold the front legs the MPP goes into a Compass Calibration error. But when I unfold the front legs the ERROR goes away. As soon as I fold them the error displays. The error says Compass Calibration is needed and try another location and also something about interference and try another locations. Bottom line: I can't do a IMU calibration.

When you fold the front and back legs in, you can expect a compass error. It's normal. Do your IMU calibration with the legs folded, it will tell you the IMU calibration is complete, then unfold the legs, restart the Mavic and you should be golden.

Have flying capabilities ever changed from day 1?
I guess that depends on your definition of "flying capabilities".

When I read the release notes, I see many changes that seem to be flight related. For example, the latest release notes includes a change that "optimized the propulsion system performance". Unfortunately, the release notes are often vague, so your guess is as good as mine as to what that means. Personally, I'm all for taking advantage of any improvements DJI's engineers think make the Mavic perform better.

I did the update. Got stuck at 99% as noted above. Turn everything off and rebooted. Said the firmware was fine. Took off, established a new home point, flew 1145', lost control at 2:35 into the flight. Could not reestablish control and the drone did not RTH. I used the find my drone function to locate it but the drone was not there. I fear that it flew away after the lost connection. I have flown this drone for over 1 1/2 years and dozens of flights without incident.

That’s horrible. Really sorry to hear this!

What happens when you attempt to start the IMU calibration?
I have not tried to do a IMU Calibration because of the compass Calibration error message. THE mavic seems to fly ok but what happens when I have to do one. Is it possible to screw up the mavic trying. What would you do?

When you fold the front and back legs in, you can expect a compass error. It's normal. Do your IMU calibration with the legs folded, it will tell you the IMU calibration is complete, then unfold the legs, restart the Mavic and you should be golden.
Ok, I'm going to give it a shot and Report back....thanks

I have not tried to do a IMU Calibration because of the compass Calibration error message. THE mavic seems to fly ok but what happens when I have to do one. Is it possible to screw up the mavic trying. What would you do?

Ok, UPDATE.... I did the IMU Calibration with the compass error message displying at first. It seemed to be a normal imu cali... You guys are great...thanks again

Updated 2 days ago and have flown twice now with no issues. Used follow me for wakeboarding and then switched to sport mode and flew sideways at approximately 30mph to catch side views of wakeboarder. No issues.

Reactions: silverdragon
So you're missing the 9 frame panorama ? which IMHO is the best camera mode the Mavic has.
Not at-all, I often take panoramas - the difference is I use Photoshop to stitch together 9, or how ever many I need, usually many more than 9.

Fly Away Update: It has been a week since I lost my Mavic Pro. Today my son took the co-ordinates from the find my drone function and found it under some power lines. It wasn't the drone, it was the operator. The Mavic hit a power line and fell into a pine tree and then onto the ground. Camera torn off and laying beside it and one broken propeller.

I am really glad that it was my error as it re-establishes my faith in my beloved Mavic. Off to the repair shop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom