DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018)

But wouldnt it limit you MP’s flying capabilities?
Staying on your current fw won't limit capabilities you already got. It could just prevent you from having different capabilities that the new fw offers. Considering DJI policy to limit their technology for the consumer, I'd rather not upgrade.

Reactions: D700
Be aware anyone running rooted device, this firmware will remove root and very possible other exploits that users have been running. Although the "OG" have shown that you can rollback on this firmware.

The updates on the propullsion system only seem to be for the Mavic Platinum and does a tweak to the ESC. With regards the "Android Patch Security holes" ..... Pity they dont patch and block their own dodgy chatter in the app :)

Can you redo any debug mode changes you’ve made to max speed etc after the update, or does it block you from making those changes now? I figure at some point they’ll release an update that prevents all that entirely.

Attention to all DJI Mavic Pro Platinum owners, I don't know if this issues has anything to do with the update, so here it is. I can't calibrate the IMU now... When I fold the front legs the MPP goes into a Compass Calibration error. But when I unfold the front legs the ERROR goes away. As soon as I fold them the error displays. The error says Compass Calibration is needed and try another location and also something about interference and try another locations. Bottom line: I can't do a IMU calibration.

Reactions: Former Member
I haven't updated for 20 months and my bird is flawless along with my non-updated Ipad mini and non-updated controller, batteries, and app. I will NEVER update any of it. I have gone completely "off grid" with it. Haha.

Dabrain
I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.
At least wait until the more brave have tested the updates more thoroughly...

If your system: device, drone, firmware, Litchi, DJI Go versions are working for you > don't upgrade. Ignore it.
It was very disturbing to hear about the hijacking of the rooted device.

I am strictly droid and don't know from the update information given, if device specs have changed as well.
I like Litchi - first because it always stayed connected with the device and has the preset way points feature - to me
essential and can't understand how it would not be for anyone else ... but they did not nor did DJI warn about their upgrades
requirements for the device you may have been using and maybe now out of date.

EEDFF594-355D-4BE7-B4F3-097F163DE27D.jpeg Updated today, no issues, went to 100%. No changes were made to previous settings. Flight was perfect, no issues, hovered in one spot and did not move, or very little. All went well, easiest update I have ever had.
I’m using an iPhone 7+ as my device and the latest version of DJIGo.
I am knocking on wood right now, don’t want the Karma Ferries to put the Jinx on me.

Last edited:
Hi...I'm new to both mavic pro and the mavic discussion. Yesterday, I updated my mavic pro with the current firmware (04JUL18). Today, I attempted to go flying and got a black screen...all the controls continue to work as normal except for the black screen ony J7. I been flying the mavic for 3 months without any issues until I upgrade the firware yesterday. Any help would be great.
DKnight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180707-141055.png
    Screenshot_20180707-141055.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 89
Hi...I'm new to both mavic pro and the mavic discussion. Yesterday, I updated my mavic pro with the current firmware (04JUL18). Today, I attempted to go flying and got a black screen...all the controls continue to work as normal except for the black screen ony J7. I been flying the mavic for 3 months without any issues until I upgrade the firware yesterday. Any help would be great.
DKnight
Check your cable to your device! I had the same issue with my Phanton 3 Professional.

Everyone please take note:

"Once the firmware has been updated, it can not be downgraded to a previous version."

"Please not that firmware update may reset various Main controller setting such as RTH Altitude, and maximum flight distance to factory defaults."

I would recheck ALL my settings after the update.
Don't understand why U say this.
I updated to latest..400 via Assistant2 and no problems but on Assistant2 it still shows that I can downgrade to .300 and even shows and lists two version below that as well. As well as .400 refresh.
I even tried on just the RC and was able to downgrade from .400 to .300 and back to .400 no problem.

I did the update. Got stuck at 99% as noted above. Turn everything off and rebooted. Said the firmware was fine. Took off, established a new home point, flew 1145', lost control at 2:35 into the flight. Could not reestablish control and the drone did not RTH. I used the find my drone function to locate it but the drone was not there. I fear that it flew away after the lost connection. I have flown this drone for over 1 1/2 years and dozens of flights without incident.

Wow, that's really bad news, feel sorry for you, these things aren't cheap:(
After the update did you recalibrate IMU as well as compass? Maybe it lost its bearings which means it could be anywhere :(
Hope you find
Cheers
Steve :)

Hi Schroedee 1959...thx for replying so quickly. It wasn't the cable...just removing the sd card while the drone ONLY was powered down and reinserting the sd card after powering up the drone...viewing came on-line. Alex Jerjomin on YT comments 1 year ago (DJI Mavic Pro No Image Transmission Signal ERROR USB port) is credited for this repair.

Reactions: SteveMidz
Hi Steve..thx for replying so quickly. I didn't lose my drone...I pretty much had a black screen..viewing was a no-go. By removing the sd card while the drone ONLY was powered down and reinserting the sd card after powering up the drone...viewing came on-line. Alex Jerjomin on YT comments 1 year ago (DJI Mavic Pro No Image Transmission Signal ERROR USB port) is credited for this repair.

Attention to all DJI Mavic Pro Platinum owners, I don't know if this issues has anything to do with the update, so here it is. I can't calibrate the IMU now... When I fold the front legs the MPP goes into a Compass Calibration error. But when I unfold the front legs the ERROR goes away. As soon as I fold them the error displays. The error says Compass Calibration is needed and try another location and also something about interference and try another locations. Bottom line: I can't do a IMU calibration.

The compass calibration is to correct for the 'ambient' magnetic fields, so folding the legs after calibration, and with the motors containing magnets - I would guess with a high certainty that you are altering the 'ambient' magnetic fields by folding the legs. Similarly if you were to calibrate with the legs folded then un-fold to fly, then the same error would in all likeley happen with dire consequences.

I am not upgrading since September 2017. I am not going to upgrade also.
Yup, I haven't upgraded since 2q last year - sure I am probably missing the latest flight modes etc. It flies well and I have not missed any of the new features which weren't there when I bought it anyway - on the other hand, I am sure I have saved the worries of whether the upgrade is going to bug my Mavic. How many people can honestly say they need all the latest and greatest flight modes - I upgraded a couple of times after purchase in Feb. 2017, the Mavic flies just fine and dandy as it is - all good with me - how often do you buy another product - say a car and the manufacturer gives you a firmware upgrade every couple of months (except maybe a Tesla).

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121