DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018)

I did the update. Got stuck at 99% as noted above. Turn everything off and rebooted. Said the firmware was fine. Took off, established a new home point, flew 1145', lost control at 2:35 into the flight. Could not reestablish control and the drone did not RTH. I used the find my drone function to locate it but the drone was not there. I fear that it flew away after the lost connection. I have flown this drone for over 1 1/2 years and dozens of flights without incident.

Did you get any error messages before or during the flight? I think it best for you to create a new thread in Mavic Pro Help and post your flight logs. Someone will narrow down the search for you.

Be aware anyone running rooted device, this firmware will remove root and very possible other exploits that users have been running. Although the "OG" have shown that you can rollback on this firmware.

The updates on the propullsion system only seem to be for the Mavic Platinum and does a tweak to the ESC. With regards the "Android Patch Security holes" ..... Pity they dont patch and block their own dodgy chatter in the app :)

Reactions: Huo and Yam25
Just performed the update on my Pro, iPhone X, ran smooth and completed by itself with no problem. I'll advise later if it had any changes and/or works correctly.

***********Update ******************

Just took it for a flight, camera settings a little out of wack but the flight itself went off without a hitch, no problems.

All good to go with me.

Last edited:
The new firmware upgrade had thrown my Gimbal out of whack, now it always says "Gimbal Overload" check if Gimbal clamp has been removed,, so pissed right now

Reactions: Drgnfli
The new firmware upgrade had thrown my Gimbal out of whack, now it always says "Gimbal Overload" check if Gimbal clamp has been removed,, so pissed right now
was the gimbal clamp left on during the update? Software wouldn't overload hardware.

Rollback to your good software

Is it better to connect the MP to the computer and update the firmware through the website, or is it just as easy to do it through my iPad and the controller?

Is it better to connect the MP to the computer and update the firmware through the website, or is it just as easy to do it through my iPad and the controller?

Never have issues updating from the tablet and controller. I use an android table.

Reactions: Former Member
¿Es cierta esta mejora o será inutilizable poder descargar a otro firmware para hacer modificaciones manuales?
Bueno, creo que todo esto es una charla de DJI. Lo que realmente quieren hacer es que no puedas modificar el dron a tu gusto eliminando el límite de altura, la velocidad en RTH, etc. Ya lo había logrado en los modelos después de septiembre de 2017. quitando la memoria SD desde adentro que permitió hacer una descarga de firmware para poner otra que podría ser modificada, ahora que todos sabemos que tienes que poner solo una SD adentro, sacan un gran firmware que estoy seguro no lo hará deja que hagas nada una vez que hayas instalado. tener un ojo Si su firmware funciona perfecto, no lo actualice, tengo 100 y nunca un problema. Se trata de pensar un poco en la versión 200 y 300 que no trae nada porque el hueso mavic fue olvidado y ahora ya que hay innumerables videos volando a más de 1000 metros y enseñando cómo hacer la modificación del firmware, Aparece un firmware para Mavic Pro. No te parece un poco extraño. Hehehe DJI quiere poner su dedo en la boca. ojo con eso

I updated my goggles and bird firmware. So far so good.... Had a gimble shake error for the first time ever... Went away after second battery change... Odd one..

I successfully updated the firmware on my mavic pro platinum. No errors or anything weird. I need to test the aircraft later on to fly in a new area I discovered.

Reactions: Former Member
Wasn't even aware of the newer update until now o_O
I got tired of seeing "update firmware" and "update flysafe database"
so I did both
All good

My MP flies just fine for me, I don't trust DJI updates, in the past something always went bad not updating any more. I especially don't like not being able to return to a older version. It's my drone if I want to go back to an older version of firmware I should be able to, so I don't update anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123