DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro firmware 01.04.0400 (Jul. 4, 2018)

Updated with no issues. Went flying today for the first time with new firmware and latest DJIGo4 for iOS. When I powered my MPP up I got a strange message twice... something about multiple compasses or words to that effect... quit the DJI app, started again.. everything was fine... MPP hovered in place... took some panoramas, and landed manually... no issue... but to be cautious stayed close to my landing point. Looked at the log tonight and those errors are not in the log.. but my stopping the app and restarting might have been the problem there..so no idea what happened, and wish I could have captured exactly the language of the error. Anyone gotten an error that sounds vaguely like what I saw... it had a yellow icon.. not red.

Thanks..

I get a “warning compass redundancy switch!” When I have the Mavic in the house. Happens time to time. So far have not witnessed this during any flights. I believe it’s from interference from one of the compasses. The Mavic will switch to the less interfered compass. I’m not sure if this is what you experienced.

Reactions: melmartin
I get a “warning compass redundancy switch!” When I have the Mavic in the house. Happens time to time. So far have not witnessed this during any flights. I believe it’s from interference from one of the compasses. The Mavic will switch to the less interfered compass. I’m not sure if this is what you experienced.

Could be that is what I saw. I was outside tho, not inside. After the error I recalibrated the compass, and have not seen that error again, but that might not have anything to do with the recalibration.

Thanks

Reactions: Zyskman78
Its hard enough to get people to even read the manual yet alone spend 15 seconds before a flight checking it works.
Check out the number of "my drone flew away" posts lately where they took off with no or a very weak GPS lock.
So right. Just wait for the gps ok message. There’s so many other things to pay attention to while flying your mp at least get the start up on point.

If the old habits were good habits, nothing wrong with preserving them. Full scale pilots are familiar with the cumbersome and necessary preflight preparation, so the transition to remote piloting is easier for them (us).
Mechanics too.

I only wish that the luddites and nervous nancies that never update their firmware would keep their posts out of a thread about those who are looking to or have already updated to the latest version.

Please keep your fud from cluttering and impeding threads that may help those who may need it...
Hero cookie for “luddites”.... yellow survey tape ribbon with “participant” written on it in blue sharpie for the “nervous nancies “ bit.

Reactions: EasyV
I have now gone back to 0300, every time I put the MP to hover with the new firmware it drifts side to side and up and down. Di IMU and compass calibrations before take off and all successful. A not on the update, I use a PC and window 10 but cannot update/downgrade both together, always fails at around 42%. I can do each one on its own but not when connected, the AC reboots and then the RC loses connection and the update fails. Picture below of error:

update.JPG

I have now gone back to 0300, every time I put the MP to hover with the new firmware it drifts side to side and up and down. Di IMU and compass calibrations before take off and all successful. A not on the update, I use a PC and window 10 but cannot update/downgrade both together, always fails at around 42%. I can do each one on its own but not when connected, the AC reboots and then the RC loses connection and the update fails. Picture below of error:

View attachment 42109
I updated MP to 0400 firmware and I have had many seriuos problems the worst of them are video pixellation, Green lines and the lack of video when flying. Only pictures are good. There is somebody who have a solution ? Now I downgrade Mp to 0300 fw and I will try to downgrade also the dji go 4 until mp works well again...

Meh...sorry...but this is a little weak and feels a little like calling customer support when your cable is out ("Did you unplug every wire in your house and plug it back in?"). I have the Moverios and I'm experiencing the same problems, only since upgrading to the 0.04 release. The device is dedicated to Go4. I have local caching turned off. I was thinking it might be a problem with my antenna (Titan Switch), but since others are having video issues - and since it started only after I upgraded (2 flights ago), I'm now leaning towards something amiss with this version. The video from the card in the drone is perfectly fine, but I'm seeing lag, half screen refresh, and pixellation in the app. I did the upgrade on all of my devices last week and did not have any problems prior.

Meh...sorry...but this is a little weak and feels a little like calling customer support when your cable is out ("Did you unplug every wire in your house and plug it back in?").
The good thing about Android devices is they are highly configurable. The bad thing is many people don't know how to configure them properly. When using an Android device with poor specs (not sure what @errefico is using) and/or running a memory/processor intensive app like DJI GO, it's even more important to ensure everything is configured properly.

Unfortunately, there isn't one magic fix that makes every Android device work well. Instead of suggesting one potential fix at a time, I decided to compile a complete list of all common fixes. It seemed to be the most efficient way to tackle the problem for all parties involved.

The good thing about Android devices is they are highly configurable. The bad thing is many people don't know how to configure them properly. When using an Android device with poor specs (not sure what @errefico is using) and/or running a memory/processor intensive app like DJI GO, it's even more important to ensure everything is configured properly.

Unfortunately, there isn't one magic fix that makes every Android device work well. Instead of suggesting one potential fix at a time, I decided to compile a complete list of all common fixes. It seemed to be the most efficient way to tackle the problem for all parties involved.
So...the implication of what you're saying is that DJI is in the clear - there are no issues with the release that should cause this problem?

I use Android Honor 6 plus exclusively for my MP and I never had problem before upgrade the firmware to 01.04.0400 version.

I use Honor 6 plus and before I update MP to 01.04.0400 firmware i never had problem.

Why don't you downgrade to 01.04.0300 and see if that issue still exists? That would at least rule out the firmware update as the cause.

After a trip to Oregon to do some amazing footage with my MPP, I finally did that firmware update today, because I had enough of seeing that red alert about the upgrade, and it went smoothly. I always reboot both the drone and the remote after a firmware upgrade too. Also like some people reported, my settings have not been affected by the upgrade, but to be double sure I went through all of them to check. I also re-calibrated the IMU and the compass after the upgrade. Once done, I went out for a test flight (so not flying far nor too high, staying around a few meters from me). I noticed right away some annoying bugs as follow:

1st flight: When turning on video recording for the first time after the upgrade (set at 4K @30 frame), the drone froze and it was impossible to move the drone nor move the gimbal. Drone appears to be still recording video, which I have uploaded here:

After like a minute of trying to figure out what's going on, the drone unfroze and I landed to check if everything was alright, then rebooted both the drone & remote. Later on when checking the video I noticed that nothing was actually recorded during the time the drone was frozen. Video starts again normally when the drone unfroze.

2nd flight: This time all seemed to work good at first, then I started to have video feed glitches. Then the gimbal seemed to move by itself for a bit then back to normal again. Again, I landed to check if everything was alright, then rebooted both the drone & remote.

3rd flight: All okey at first, but then the DJI app on my phone told me it has lost the connection with the drone. The remote looked fine and I was still able to control the drone with it. I tried to reboot the app, that didn't worked. I tried to disconnect the cable from the phone to the remote, but no results either. The only way for me to fix this was again to I land the drone and reboot both the drone & remote, then the app connected again. Also note that I use a after market good quality cable to connect my phone to the remote and not the original flaky provided one. I never had disconnection problem before like this too. First time ever!
4th flight: All seems to work alright during that flight first like the other flight, but then video glitches again and this time with the video image being all orange, then back to normal, then orange again...etc Also noticed that the drone wasn't as stable as it was before, and drifted quite a lot while hoovering.

I concluded those test flights after 4th flight while being really concerned about this new update. Before, I felt confident sending the bird away from me without a problem. Now, when I see all the bugs those simple test flight revealed, I am indeed quite worried to fly this drone again, until I know for sure it works flawlessly like it used to work before this update.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31