DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Flying Drone in Mexico Notes

Tequilero

Reactions
So, I recently had a trip to Mexico, and I scoured the web looking for information on what the procedure was. Many said that there was an import tax fee placed, based on the value of the drone.

However my situation was slightly different. Whereas everyone was flying into Mexico from out of the country. I was flying from within.

I drove across the border on car, and took my flight from Tijuana Airport, and flew to Guadalajara.
In my experience, it was smooth sailing. I discharged my batteries below 25%. I put both of them on my carryon bag, and I put my drone in its bag, along with everything else, into one of the luggages that fly below the plane.

I passed inspection with my bag, and they didn't say anything.

On a side note, apparently there is a permit needed to fly in Mexico, but im not sure how well that uphold that rule.

Hopefully this helps for those that are flying within Mexico.

Where do you go to get the permit? Online or some local office somewhere once you are in Mexico?

I have a home in Puerto Vallarta that I visit monthly. I alternate between my MP and Spark, and to date, have never been asked for documentation or permit of any kind. I fly "zone unlocked" almost everyday while there. No issues. Other areas might be different. DJI_0217.JPG

Markim, I'm curious what city you're flying out of and do you usually fly the same airline?

I usually originate out of SLC. I either fly direct, from Denver, or LA, depending on the day I leave. We fly either Delta or United.

Reactions: marklyn
I have a home in Puerto Vallarta that I visit monthly. I alternate between my MP and Spark, and to date, have never been asked for documentation or permit of any kind. I fly "zone unlocked" almost everyday while there. No issues. Other areas might be different. View attachment 28929

Thats awesome! I only mentioned the permit because that was something that i came across why trying to find info. Though i asked a cousin who has a drone and said the same thing. Though they have never asked him to show a permit.

LAX is very close by i dont always fly international, but sometimes i do cause its actually cheaper airfare than flying from TJ.
Hows inspection? Do they make a big deal out of it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31