DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro found - Kittery Maine

jimlip23

Reactions
The drone was found near Sarah Mildred Long Bridge in Kittery around April 1st.

The FAA number is on the bird, so we have made notification but haven't heard anything. Just trying another route to getting the drone back in the hands of the owner. FAA registration ends in FMLM.

I've read a bunch of these threads. Not sure why people who've lost drones to reference the approximate area they were flying when lost. I know that wouldn't solve all cases, but now that I'm going through trying to return it, it seems way easier to keep, sell or give the drone away than to try and do the right thing.

PM with serial number and contact info and she's all yours.

The drone was found near Sarah Mildred Long Bridge in Kittery around April 1st.

The FAA number is on the bird, so we have made notification but haven't heard anything. Just trying another route to getting the drone back in the hands of the owner. FAA registration ends in FMLM.

I've read a bunch of these threads. Not sure why people who've lost drones to reference the approximate area they were flying when lost. I know that wouldn't solve all cases, but now that I'm going through trying to return it, it seems way easier to keep, sell or give the drone away than to try and do the right thing.

PM with serial number and contact info and she's all yours.

We appreciate your honesty and reaching out to the owner.

The FAA will not release any details about the registrant. Owners need to remember to also put their name & phone number on the drone.

I wasn't expecting that the FAA would release information to me, I was expecting that the FAA, which has contact information from the registration, would send an email to the registrant telling them that their drone has been found and passing along my email address.

If the FAA plays no part and DJI plays no part and the post has been made here, it really is like a needle in the haystack in terms of finding the owner or vice versa.

Honestly, I don’t think the FAA plays middleman at all. The use of an FAA registration number is for them and them only (and most likely law enforcement) so that they can identify a drone owner when they want to take action against them.

I’ve not heard one story of the FAA reaching out to a registrant otherwise, but I’d love to know if anyone else has experience with this or could confirm or deny. It would be nice to know the extent of the FAA’s involvement in lost/found drones.

You're probably right. They're not in the business of returning lost property..it just seems like it would be the right thing to do since they require the registration and have all the contact information.

It's too bad. I'd hate to think there is someone up the road with my drone trying to return it. Definitely incentive to put contact information on the drone and memory card.

Reactions: Priest
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky